FS: Ibanez RG1077XLRB Baritone

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by teof, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teof

teof SS.org Regular

Hi Roland,
    I got it for almost $1800 when it was once released over in my country. The local Ibanez dealer only brought in 2-3 pieces then. I guess that was why it was quite pricey then for us here. Thanks!

2. Ken

Ken Forum MVP

You're totally right. What I said is unjust to you and your country. I said that my statements were unfounded in my first post. It doesn't change perception. I'm sorry if I offended, as I meant none as well.

Furthermore (I love that word), I can see why you want to sell it outside of eBay and save the fees.

Whenever there's a large body of water and a different government/regime/whatever on the other side, there's a lot of apprehension. I sold a guitar to a guy in Norway, and he put me through the 3rd degree before he sent the cash.

I thought it was silly, because I have a long history and a great reputation on the internet. That didn't phase this guy one bit where his money was concerned.

3. teof

teof SS.org Regular

Hey Ken,

No worries. No hard feelings at all.
    It's really disturbing really...why can't there be mutual trust over these stuffs sometime i wonder? While we ourselves are well aware of our own integrity and our honesty as sellers, no buyers ever believe any words/reputations/positive feedback we got until they finally see the goods at their doorstep. I guess there's just too many bad scams all over the place.
    I bought a guitar from a US seller 2 months back. I had some much faith in the seller and this mutual trust that I arrange for money order right away even we ageed. I didn't want him to wait too long for the money and even order the fastest registered mail which cost me an addition $30 bucks to send the money order. I thought he will provide the same good service in return. Eventually, the delivery was delayed time and time again. He gave reasons after reasons, things like ups rejected the length of the item, shipping charges exceeded what we calculated and stuff. Till the point where I got so worried if the guitar was ever going to reach me. Fortunately, he did finally send it. But that was after over 1 month after my payment cleared with him. It's amazing. My payment took 2 days to reach him and 1 day to clear. While his goods took over a month to reach me. Considering it was 2 days shipment.

Hey so sorry for having you guys to read my long msg. :rolleyes:

4. teof

teof SS.org Regular

Sold. Kindly lock thread. Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.