Friday the 13th: The Game

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Cloudy, May 3, 2017.

1. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

Hey,

Anyone been keeping an eye on the new Friday the 13th game that comes out this month? Ive been a long time Dead by Daylight fan and Im so stoked to see a new horror slasher game come out soon.

I tried the beta in December and while it had some bugs and glitches the gameplay was promising.

2. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

I'm not giving Adam Sessler anymore money for his cocaine habit.

3. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Oh man, I have to buy that for PS4!

4. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

saw this thread and thought about the old school version on the nes...

5. Cloudy

Apparently the developers of this game tried to add purple suit jason from the NES version to this game but couldn't find the IP owner.

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

watched a bunch of gameplay, could be fun, definitely more interesting than dead by daylight imo.

7. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I'd at least give it a try. Could be fun multiplayer, and it definitely looks brutal, but in a cheesy 80's.... Well, I guess Jason sort of way.

I find it weird how I am not a horror movie fan, but video game wise, I've played through Outlast, Resident Evil 7, Alien Isolation, really want to play Outlast 2, and I'm willing to try this :lol:

8. Cloudy

Im in the same boat, I do like horror movies but I definitely would not consider myself a hardcore horror movie fan. Games however are another story all together. Some of my all time favourite titles are horror games, hell I even bought an oculus rift to play more immersive horror games.

I think its moreso that people are getting tired of games where you feel like a super hero all the time, even generic shoot em' ups like battlefield and call of duty give you unrealistic abilities. Horror games are usually more unforgiving and cutthroat (sometimes literally) about the decisions you make.

F13th still provides the opportunity to be an unstoppable killing machine, but 7 out of 8 times you'll be on the receiving end.

On an unrelated note definitely buy Outlast 2, its great. The sexual violence can be a bit too urking at times but overall its definitely a spooky game.

9. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Anybody actually play this yet? I've heard things ranging from "This is pretty fun" to "This is unplayable and the servers may have literally melted"

10. Cloudy

Ive put quite a few hours into the game now, I wish I could fully recommend it but the game is definitely rough around the edges. Launch was just about as bad as GTA Online for server issues and there are a number of game breaking/un-fun mechanics in the game that haven't been addressed yet. I think it has a lot of potential but unless you're a serious fan of asymmetrical gameplay Id wait for it to at least go on sale. 40$ for 3 maps and no singleplayer on launch is a tall order. The game is essentially early access.

11. KnightBrolaire

It looks so janky from the videos I've watched, especially some of the physics/people getting stuck in walls/windows. I'll probably pick it up in 6 months or so when/if they iron out the bugs.

12. Cloudy

I have about 90 hours ingame now, I desperately want to like this game and I really do think it has potential but as time goes on people are starting to figure out all the little tricks and exploits that are in the game, its just become insanely frustrating and unfun. They have a lot to work on if they want the game to last longer than a year. Dead by Daylight already has double the playerbase on Steam :/

13. KnightBrolaire

Oh well, I guess we still have Last Year to overthrow Dead by Daylight (if it ever comes out, I've been waiting years).