Forza Motorsport 4 (Fall 2011)

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Joose, Apr 17, 2011.

1. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I downloaded the demo when I woke up this morning but since I had to get to work I didn't really get to play more than 5 minutes of driving the viper down the road to the event and then turned it off. I felt sick as hell this morning but figured since there are other Forza folks in the office, they would say I stayed home to play the game. :rofl: Now I'm in the office achy as hell and wishing I had stayed home sick today. :( Hopefully I can get in a little more time with it when I get home before I pass out. :lol:

2. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

There are 1 or 2 things that I hope are fixed for the final game. Controller vibration... there is almost none until you crash or pull a big drift, that is NOT okay lol. Controller layout options... not for me, as all I do is switch the handbrake/clutch. But a lot of other are complaining.

The physics are clearly the same as FM4's, even if the feel is smoother and more controllable. Graphics are great, especially for 30fps. Night looks great, headlights look great.

3. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

Played the Demo and its good, not great, but good. I'll buy it and hope for further tweaks.:yesway:

4. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

There will be. The FM4 demo was different from the actual game.

5. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I'm shocked you didn't get a green disc, Joose! :eek: Patiently waiting for the 23rd, think I need to set up my cockpit with the Fanatec wheel, shifter and pedals again so I can play Horizon the way it is meant to be played! :D I logged a ton of time on TDU2 for PC with my Logitech set but the Fanatec stuff was always getting thrown off every time MS would push out a patch. :wallbash: Some of the guys who are using the beta of the next XBL dashboard leaked that the latest version fixes the Fanatec issues, so pissed I missed out on the chance to test that too, my wheel has been collecting dust next to my desk! :lol:

6. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Dude, I have nooooo idea how people get green discs, I'm so jealous of it! I mean, I know there are people over level 300 on FM4, but I thought 269 would get SOMETHING lol.

7. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

If you have a game save over level 50 for FM3 or FM4, you receive these cars:

Lv01 – 2011 MINI Cooper S
    Lv05 – 2011 Citroen DS3 Racing
    Lv10 – 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
    Lv15 – 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    Lv20 – 2008 BMW M3 E92
    Lv30 – 2012 Jaguar XKR-S
    Lv40 – 2009 Gumpert Apollo S
    Lv50 – 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

8. tank

tank SS.org Regular

that's for sure?

9. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

It's what the people with the game already got. I'm sure it could change, but yes that is what people have received.

10. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

Does it matter if it's F3 or F4 or just either?

Sucks that I (and most people) will be 50 in both and still get the same as someone who's only done one. :lol:

11. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Yeah, it's kinda lame. I was hoping to be rewarded for my level 270 (by the time Horizon is out) in FM4.

Y'all heard about the secret way to turn off Stability Management? Since there's no option for it, it seems each difficulty setting has a percentage of it. So, you go all the way to the Expert controller setting and then turn on whatever you do want. That's the only way to turn STM totally off.

The physics feel almost exactly like FM4's when you do that, it's great.

12. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

Will try it out now i think. :yesway:

13. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Check out the car behind the side mirror of the LFA.... :rofl:

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^:lol:

Also...

Forza Motorsport - Community

Aventador J, 599XX Evoluzione, Boss 302, '57 Bel Air, Alfa 8C Spyder, Gumpert Apollo "Enraged"??? What a great first pack!!

And rally, complete with co-driving?? Yes! They have people who worked on the Dirt games, so... that, plus Forza physics should = total win.

15. Tones

Tones Red paperclip trader

Excuse my ignorance, but I played the demo myself, and noticed that the engine felt a lot more different than forza 4. I always turn assists off and simulation everything, and I felt like it was too easy. Except for the game AI. It was very difficult to pass anyone on the first race. In forza 4 I would lose control if I take a turn and accelerate too hard, with horizons I find it hard to spin out of control at all :lol:
    still very excited for this game to be released. Love how you actually have to drive to your races, sign up, and explore.

16. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

In the Difficulty settings, go all the way to "Expert" and then turn on anything you want. If you don't do that, stability control stays on. Damn "secret assist" lol.

Also, I've been drifting and spinning out in the Mustang and Viper plenty. Not the Evo though, of course.. with it's super grippy AWD and whatnot.

17. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

I smashed the races from the demo last night, I am digging the feel so far, it really does feel like a less-shitty-more realistic need for speed game, super pretty on the graphics side too.

18. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^The scenery is pretty damn spectacular.

19. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

Agreed, nice to see a racing/car game where the scenery isn't a 2D afterthought.

20. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Yeah I'm actually quite a bit happier about the DLC knowing about the Rally Pack, however that being said I'm still thinking of holding out until Christmas and praying they do the discount DLC deal again! ;) I paid full price for the Season Pass last year not realizing I could have waited two months and gotten it for 50% off. Watch, with my luck they won't discount it this year! :rofl: That being said, despite the lower car count per-pack this time around, the rally portion sounds badass! :metal: