Forza Motorsport 3

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by hufschmid, Nov 3, 2009.

1. hufschmid

hufschmid Banned

Holy!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Talking about photorealism, this is fucking insane!

2. Elysian

Elysian Banned

I started playing it last night. It's fucking epic. I played until 12:30am, and then, I played before I went to work this morning too. I'm gonna play when I get home as well :lol: I'm hooked already.

3. hufschmid

hufschmid Banned

I'm jaelous!!! Now I have GAS because of you :scream:

4. matty2fatty

matty2fatty SS.org Regular

whoa, looks like I'm stopping by the video store on my way home tonight. I played Forza 2 until it killed my xbox

5. AvantGuardian

AvantGuardian Orange Vigilante

Forza 2 was awesome, this looks INSANE! Too many good games coming out now, not enough time to play them.

6. Zak1233

Zak1233 ペヤングマン

I managed to get this 2 days before it was released due to play.com breaking the street release date :lol: I played this non stop the first few days I got it, it's amazing how realistic games are these days, god knows what games will be like in the next 10 years!

7. thesimo

thesimo SS.org Regular

such an awesome game, so realistic. Problem is I'm not getting anywhere in the career cuz i just keep doing free races trying out all the cars and dicking about :D

8. sakeido

sakeido <b><font color="#E5BC84">Is a Pastafarian</font></

I am playing the shit out of this game. The Ferrari F40 is the sickest car of all time.
    Three play sessions over the past three days = level 21 :lol:

9. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

I've been playing this for the past 2 weeks. Its really epic.

I turn all the hud off, and stick to the cockpit camera with manual gears+clutch. Totally amazing when you get it perfect. Although i will say you level up FAR too fast compared to forza 2. I'm sitting at almost level 44 now with 6 to go. :(

The drift racing is supreme. When you get a good room of great drifters it looks insane even when someone crashes and gets 4 supras mauling into them.

= insane car barrel rolls etc. :lol:

Currently beasting it around the track in my 1000+ bhp 69 Charger. It's amusing when some dick in a viper starts crying when you edge infront of him and rape him up the straight and fast bends. :lol:

10. Elysian

Elysian Banned

I played this morning before going to work, and lets just say, I got to work, worked half an hour, and then realized I didn't do my hair. Damn you Forza 3!!!

I started building my RX7 this morning, a red FC. Did the 3 rotor swap/single turbo conversion, rotor upgrades, turbo upgrade, all sorts of power adders, some 400+hp, and I didn't upgrade any suspension/brakes/tires :lol: The only reason I'm winning races is because it's fast in the straightaways :lol: I have to use the gas pedal very conservatively through the turns, it's sad. It drifts sooooo easily.

11. Esp Griffyn

Esp Griffyn APEX

I'm still at like level 6, I just can't bring myself to play career mode. I don't want to spend my time driving crappy cars and upgrading them to make them competitive when I can just free play and use the Lamborghini Reventon :shrug:

That said, I have been burning it up in hot lap. Setting some good times, I got 72nd fastest in the world the other night on the Fujimi Kaido downhill in an E class I think (Corsa VXR) and 30th fastest on one of the Amalfi coast full track in a Honda Civic Type R. To me, the cars that are slower in the grand scheme of things (Astra VXR, Corsa VXR, VW Scirocco etc) are in some ways more fun than the super cars. That said, I am awesome in the Koenigsegg :D

12. Elysian

Elysian Banned

I'm a little confused, you won't play career because you don't want to use crappy cars, but you're having fun using crappy cars in the hot laps :lol:

I'm only playing career so far, I think I'm at level 8 or 9 now.

13. sakeido

sakeido <b><font color="#E5BC84">Is a Pastafarian</font></

It gives you great cars really early on. I think I only did about four series in a D class starter car, then I bought an Evo and it was all C class from there on out.. another four series and I could afford the F40 and now its all A class, just started in S class last night. You get past the early stages really fast and then around level 19 or 20 you start to get very cool cars for leveling up. I just got the Reventon for free.
    I always upgrade brakes & tires first :lol: in S class my Ferrari only has 500ish horsepower and I have to try and beat a Veyron.. the only reason I win is because my F40 completely outcorners the Bugatti.. brakes twice as fast, corners twice as hard

14. Elysian

Elysian Banned

Yeah I ran out of money :lol:

15. GazPots

You should try saving up for the unicorn cars in the auction house. I wanted the Mazda RX7 spirit R but quickly realised my 500k credits is woefully small compared to the current 10 million one unicorn sits at with 3 hours left. :lol:

I can only assume it's the sucessful sellers that have the cash to get those models. :(

16. hufschmid

hufschmid Banned

This sounds so epic, that it sounds as epic as the first ridge racer back in the old days when you had to get the bonus black and white angel cars... :wag:

Now I must buy a game machine again :wallbash:

17. robotsatemygma

robotsatemygma myspace.com/pygar1

I remember seeing previews for this. Visually stimulating!!!:eek:

One thing I noticed is the "dash" tachometer and the one on the right on the screen, don't match rpms at all.

18. GazPots

19. Elysian

Elysian Banned

I had my first rollover this morning, it was on purpose, and was actually on Sedona :lol: I took my RX7 into the barrier on one of the huge banked turns just to see what would happen, then I rewound :lol:

20. Bungle

Bungle Sir Roger Moore, KBE

Hit level 30 last night and got given a Veyron as a result. Hit it with the widest slicks possible, took it for a lap around Le Mans.... Holy fucking shit.

Then did another couple of laps with weight reduction, intake, exhaust and intercooler and went up against R2 cars in a quick race... HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Just blasts by like they're standing still.