FOR SALE: Caparison Horus Custom "Maple Cloud"

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by mrp5150, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrp5150

mrp5150 Call it.

I have 225 Ebay feedbacks if you're looking for references. I never said I sold any guitars on here. I just registered here over the summer and haven't done any forum transactions yet. I normally always Ebay stuff and just post the Ebay links. Stuff sells faster that way from my experience.

2. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

Dude, you traded bodies with a guy on a forum, then put the hardware and neck from your guitar on to the body you received, that's "built from parts" IMO. Yes they're all Caparison parts.

The Snow Cloud model came with gold hardware, yet your auction states "This guitar features a Snow Cloud body with black hardware that was installed by Caparison founder/president Itaru Kanno".

I am glad you decided to add a blurb that you put the neck on the guitar. The guitar did not ship from Caparison like it is.

3. mrp5150

mrp5150 Call it.

The Snow Cloud body I got from Steve Stell (Enforsaken/The Shotgun Suicides guitarist who is endorsed by Caparison), who bought the guitar in Japan when he was at the Caparison factory. Itaru installed the black hardware onto the guitar while Steve was in Japan at the factory. Steve just took the neck off the guitar and shipped the body to me, the hardware and all the pickups and electronics didn't get taken out or anything. I didn't build anything from parts dude.

4. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

That explains it. Still the original auction didn't have the blurb about you mounting the neck, and that clears things up considerably, thank you. Yet, if the auction wasn't worded the way it is, you wouldn't have people questioning you at all. Technically body = part, neck = part, and I stand behind that.

In the end, I'm not gonna buy it, just was questioning the usage of "Custom", and the way you spec it out like it was a custom from Caparison.

5. mrp5150

mrp5150 Call it.

I don't really feel me putting the neck on is an issue at all, especially since the guitar is used. People take the necks off of bolt on guitars all the time for setup work and whatnot. Also, a lot of people prefer having bolt on guitars shipped with the neck taken off as they think that's safer and less chance of damage. I use the term custom because it's the only one in the world. That's custom enough for me.

6. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

If I took the neck off a guitar and put it back on, no big deal. If I take the neck off a guitar and put the neck from a different guitar on there, not the same thing.

Quit trying to make this sound like you didn't swap 2 guitars into one. One was a stock Horus HGS in Walnut Flat, the other was the ex-guitarist from Enforsaken's Custom Horus Snow Cloud. I don't know why I'm bothering, this is so typical of why I never read any of your shit on HC.

Now, if you still had the stock body, and were selling this guitar, would it be $2.5k used? I don't think so.

Screw it. Good luck selling it.

PS: Chris, if this is cluttering the FS forum, delete my shit, shouldn't have wasted my time, as usual.

7. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

Yup, if it still had the walnut body, I would have bought it by now... as it sits, it should be worth less than a normal Horus just because it has been so completely fucked with.

8. mrp5150

mrp5150 Call it.

How is putting another neck on it "so completely fucked with"??? :scratch:

9. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

Well, the neck is the valuable part here, and then you put a body with a horrid finish on it (that is not rare), yet inexplicably, put the BIN price up probably about $500 more than you originally paid for it. The original maple+walnut guitar as a unit is what was rare and valuable; this weird bastard child should be worth less than either donor guitar... Any other guitar that has a neck or body swap goes down in value.

10. mrp5150

mrp5150 Call it.

Sounds to me like you don't know very much about Caparisons. The walnut body is a production finish, anyone can get that body right now. Snow Cloud has been discontinued for a couple years now and if definitely more rare than the plain walnut body. Also, the "horrid finish" is your opinion. I personally think it looks a hundred times better than the plain walnut. Yes the walnut+maple was rare, there's only about 10 of those made. This one is more rare, it's the only one.

11. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

It doesn't matter that it is the only one, it matters that you built it - not the factory - and you wrecked a guitar that was ACTUALLY rare in an attempt to inflate the resale value of your own guitar. The way it is, it basically amounts to a Warmoth parts guitar cobbled together from random sources.

All you accomplished by wrecking the guitar like this is make the other nine remaining walnut+maple pieces go up in value, since now they are more rare, although it is noteworthy that a brand new, unmolested maple Horus is $1,500 anyway (provided you can find away around Caparison's embargo against overseas sales).

Toshiro and Chris like this.
  12. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

:wallbash:

[action=Chris]gives up[/action]

13. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

Sorry but between this and the Framus thing I had to comment.

14. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

Again, sorry for the clutter. :lol: :bowdown:

15. mrp5150

mrp5150 Call it.

I didn't build anything dude, what are you talking about??? The body and neck are both Caparison built, all I did was attach the Caparison neck to the Caparison body. Anyone can do that. Everything on the guitar is 100% Caparison stuff. Nothing is "random sources." You're also wrong about that $1500 price too, along with everything else you're saying.

16. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

Sorry, you are right, it is $1,540.
    ŒŸõŒ‹‰Ê

You clearly don't see what I am getting at here though. Have fun with the sale.

17. Chris

Does this mean you two will stop arguing? Huzzah!

sakeido likes this.
  18. mrp5150

mrp5150 Call it.

Too bad Ikebe only ships to Japan. If you live outside of Japan, you can't buy that guitar.

He started shit with me and I was just responding to his ignorance and false information. It's up to him whether he wants to stop bickering about a guitar he has zero intention of buying.

19. Chris

20. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

In Caparison's case, it is, though. It says on their dealer page on their web site that Japan dealers are not permitted to ship internationally, but I mentioned that when I posted. All you need is a friend in Japan to ship it to and you have worked around it and scored the guitar for $700-800 less than the US dealer would charge for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.