For anyone looking into the Joyo PXL-Pro Switcher...

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Ibycan7, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Ibycan7

Ibycan7 SS.org Regular

If you are looking for an inexpensive way to switch your effects and channels on your amp. I recommend this a lot (not an endorsee..lol) currently using it with a Mesa Dual Rec. Sucks it doesn't have MIDI but it is not a priority for me since the Mesa uses 1/4 inch for the switching.

Been using with my band for the past 3 weeks and so far no problems. easy to set up and make changes on the fly. the output jacks to the send/return don't see as sturdy as they could be so I may end up setting up a patchbay in the pedalboard so I don't have to keep plugging and unplugging directly from it.

Overall, very happy. the preset buttons are far away from each other enough that I won't hit 2 buttons at the same time or something. (I got big feet)

Attached Files:

2. cGoEcYk

cGoEcYk SS.org Regular

Thanks for sharing. I have been very interested in this as a solution.

3. trem licking

trem licking SS.org Regular

not meaning to hijack, glad to see you like your joyo it looks nice, but also check out the moen gec9. i have one and its super awesome as well. just lookin out for folks, like yourself, and giving more options that are affordable :)

4. mniel8195

mniel8195 SS.org Regular

So this will do relay switching for amps that dont have midi? I have a hard time believing that this thing does not tone suck? Does it have buffered in's and outs? I have been looking at the boss es-8 but its pretty $$$

5. Stooge1996

Stooge1996 SS.org Regular

i have one too and it is really good for the price. I don't notice any tone suck or any poping sounds when changing loops. Only thing i wish was that the build quality was a bit nicer as some of the rings on the input jacks are falling out. Might upgrade to the moen

6. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

Attached Files:

7. Ibycan7

Ibycan7 SS.org Regular

the reason why I didn't like the GEC9 is because it has to take up 3 loops for amp switching in my situation. on the Joyo the relays are separate so I have all 8 loops.

8. Ibycan7

Ibycan7 SS.org Regular

Yes, that's what I mean by switching the channels on my amp without midi. my dual rec uses 1/4 inch for the switching. all in an out are buffered. No tone loss, actually it is better because I don't have any pedals in my chain possibly affecting my tone when I don't want them to.

9. Ibycan7

Ibycan7 SS.org Regular

I didn't like the floor version because when you switch patches, the lights indicate which loops are active and not which patch you are one. you have to remember, in my case, not worth it.

10. honzak2

honzak2 SS.org Regular

May I ask you where in the chain you have your noise gate?

11. bubucci

bubucci SS.org Regular

For money, it is imho best solution. I recommend Harley Benton version with midi. Pros are written above. Cons, from my experience, are popping with some pedal (sometimes only first change of preset after start) and grounding thru all loops so there is risk of ground loops.