First time recording a 7-String, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Razzy, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Razzy

Razzy [10]

Hey guys, I joined this forum a few days ago, after picking up my first 7-String guitar figuring you all knew more about them then I did, lol. (And it appears I was right.) So, I threw this together today, just working on getting a good mix with it. The first thing I found out with this Jackson DR7, is that too much gain kills any note definition, and a lower gain setting on it sounds better to my ears.

Anywho, I thought I'd post this to let you guys check it out, and feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9223150

Thanks.
    -Razzy

Stealthdjentstic likes this.
  2. Ground CTRL

Ground CTRL New Member

Great song! Guitar tone is nice, mix is pretty good, and the song structure is sound. I especially like the parts at 0:31 and 1:11. The drums could use a little more humanzing (something i'm trying to get down myself). But other than that, nice job guy! :hbang:

3. Razzy

Razzy [10]

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you think the guitar tone is nice, I really wasn't sure about it. I literally got this 7-String like, Saturday, and have just been playing with the eq. As far as humanizing the drums, that's a constant struggle I've always dealt with, lol. I'll probably end up turning this into a full length song at some point, but thanks for taking the time to critique it! :)

4. Vangoatguitar

Vangoatguitar Rational Gayz

I agree, the drums are a bit robotic. try mixing up the velocities a bit, maybe even adding in a bit more "left hand" to the "drummer" ie. more cymbal work when not hitting the snare. (thats the best I can explain it right now lol)