Hi All, I have posted a few questions/replies/etc in here for the past about a guitar I've been working on (my first attempt at building a guitar) and have finally finished. Took best part of 2 yrs doing bits here and there, waiting for parts/tools, etc. It's a 3 piece basswood body (I started out just wanting to use cheap stuff in case it ended up as firewood, but it got progressively more expensive as I went lol). Flamed Maple top Maple 5 piece laminated neck (black died maple veneer between the maple pieces) Fanned Fret (27.8" - 25.8") - strange I know, wanted it a little longer than my 27" baritone. Instrumental SFTY3 pickups (killer pickups, better than the bkp painkillers in my other 27" 7string) ABM Solo bridges Hipshot exposed gear tuners black plastic binding on body Ebony binding on headstock It's all my own design (kind of took the best things I like for body shape out my other guitars. Headstock design came out kinda cool but detail got lost a little with the dark stain. I tried to take build photo's as I went, but prob didn't take enough. And I copied/pasted them into single pic to make it easier to upload Initial body cut out, DIY fanned fret scarf join jig, 3 piece neck with very dangerous DIY table saw, headstock veneer: Neck glued, fretboard cutout (buggered up a couple of the fret slots so I filled them with ebony cuts with the grain in the right direction and re-cut them). Hand shaped luminlay side markers (with my dremel/clamp jig setup to rout the luminlay insert channel). I mis-drilled the threaded insert holes in the neck so filled them and re-drilled them which was unfortunate, but worked out find and nobody will ever know unless they take the neck off. Actually I made a lot of mistakes on this, buy most were easily fixed: Neck/fretboard/inlays/frets finished, instrumental pickups arrived and routed (these were great - I sent Ethan the measurements and he made the pickups which fitted exactly with my string spacing/angle/etc. And provided router templates that were perfect. Strung the guitar up for a test fit - so far so good Finished!! I did end up refinishing the guitar 3 times as I wasn't that happy with how the minwax oil based wipe on satin came out on the dark surface of the top. So the back/sides of the body is finished in Minwax wipe on satin, the back of the neck is Tru-oil, the flamed maple top/headstock veneer is 2K clear gloss. Some surprisingly cool grain on the cheap old basswood body near the upper horn(?). I got some router tear out on the basswood body when I was thicknessing it and didn't want to sand it back another ~3mm to get it out so filled it with black filler - thought it would be a good effect, came out a bit meh. Did the wiring myself (first go at that 2, got it working eventually - very quiet/no noise) - cavity plate held on with magnets too I did a guitar setup course with a guy Joseph Price (soxy music) in StKilda Melbourne/Aus - he thought I had done a great job, and he helped me set it up to play really well (better than my KxK). I did a fret level myself and recrowned the frets (first go at that as well) and that really made a difference - although it played pretty well with the frets as they were installed (he said I did a good job on the fret board/fret install) A couple of better pics (still just phone pics): Clear came out great - you can see where I tried to add some grain details which didn't really work out how I imagined but it is what it is: Fret level jig (I used my fretboard radius block which worked well) Pre clear: Maple top from allied luthiery (who I also got the truss rod from, which is fantastic) Headstock veneer, ebony binding Quick demo (not great quality it's just recorded through my phone) - good song for a tone test - it's a single track through AxeFx recorded on my phone Thanks to everyone here who gave me ideas/tips/advice/encouragement it was this forum that made me think I could do this.