First attempt with the Nikon D7000 & Daemoness Singularity

Discussion in 'Art, Media & Photography' started by ShreddyESP, May 3, 2014.

1. ShreddyESP

ShreddyESP Limit Zero

Just got hold of my brother's Nikon D7000 to shoot some play-through videos for my next release. Decided to get familiar with it before I got into recording those videos, so here's my first attempt!

I'd love some tips and tricks to improve the overall video quality. I really want these next 3 videos to be good!

Cheers

2. Rook

Rook Electrifying

- Don't use camera audio, record the audio like you normally would, mute the camera audio and put your mixed version over the top
    - Do it more than once from different angles and cut as you go, give the video some movement
    - Buy a cheap prime (fixed focal length) lens like a 50 1.8 or 35 1.8 and make use of the thinner depth of field (field of focus), you'll get a sharper and more contrasty image from one of those too.

That's pretty much what I did for mine:

Sounds good man, I've never heard your music before! Feel kinda ashamed to say that now hehe.

3. ShreddyESP

ShreddyESP Limit Zero

Yeah, the audio that was picked up from the camera was rubbish. Which is why I mixed it with the original track's audio. Ended up sounding very noisy-chaotic.

I'll try out the different angles next! And I think my brother left me one of those fixed focal length lenses. I'll have to give that a shot today.

Thanks for checking out the music either way man :lol: :yesway:

I dig your videos. Hoping to be able to put out something that's half as good.

4. ShreddyESP

ShreddyESP Limit Zero