First 7?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by JazzGuy111, Jul 30, 2012.

1. JazzGuy111

JazzGuy111 New Member

Hi there everyone. My name is a Hunter, and as the title implies I'm looking for my first 7 string guitar.

The main specifications I'm looking for are:

Passive pickups

Fixed bridge (Not a big deal, just preferably something without a tremolo.

Versatility (Again, as my name implies, I play jazz, so something for walking basslines, heavy comping, and fingerstyle arrangements.)

Thin/fast neck

Under $600

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. MrPepperoniNipples

MrPepperoniNipples SS.org Regular

Ibanez 7321 sounds good for you
    Just the pickups are balls

3. gamber

gamber SS.org Regular

hey man the shecter c7 custom is a 7 string wiht passive pickups its like 750 new used im sure you can get it for 500, versatile, reasonably priced and passive pickups. im sure you can find other great used guitars too because many of the 7s within that price range contain active pickups

4. otisct20

otisct20 SS.org Regular

Honestly for the Price you said, a 7321 would be perfect and you should have enough left over to get the pups of your choice (for the most part).

5. MetalBuddah

MetalBuddah 0000 00 0 0 00 000

+1 for the Schecter especially if you find one used. The extra scale length will help with note definition and clarity, especially on those jazz chops. They might not have wafer-thin necks, but they are very comfortable.

6. gamber

gamber SS.org Regular

yeah chords ring out perfectly with the shecter mang. you should deff try it

7. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

For jazz and fingerstyle the C-7 Custom would be perfect, you can split the bridge and neck each with the coil split and the ebony board ads so much clarity and dymanics when finger picking. The neck is a comfortable profile and it has a gloss finish(not as smooth as a satin finish neck like on an Ibanez but I've no problem with my C-1).

8. Sam MJ

Sam MJ Tries to be helpful

Forget the 7321, get a used MIJ 7621, they are far better quality and well within your price range, the stock pickups are very warm and beefy so offer a great jazz tone but you can always swap them out to something else if you find you don't like them.

9. Zerox8610

Zerox8610 SS.org Regular

Ibanez RG7(4/6)21

around 400 anymore and they'll beat anything at your price range from what I've seen.

Just try to get a pickup swap if it's stock.

10. BabUShka

BabUShka SS.org Regular

If you want a fast schredder axe, then Ibanez is nice. But if you can play thicker necks, I'd hit a Schecter. Longer scale, more beefy tone and ultra clear tones. I went from a Ibanez S, sold it and bought a Schecter ATX. A few months later i ended up buying a Hellraiser.

I've seen Schecter Custom C7 go for around $400 used on Ebay.