Fire Garden - Progressive Rock band from Chicago

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by firegardenmusic, Feb 13, 2013.

1. firegardenmusic

firegardenmusic Progger

Hello Friends,

This is Zee I would like you to introduce my new Progressive Rock project called 'Fire Garden'. Last december we have released our debut EP called 'The Prelude'. We are ready to get in studios in coming months to record our debut record and move forward with live performances.

[​IMG]

1. Time Machine
    2. Far from Grace
    3. Forsaken

'The Prelude' contains 3 tracks up-to 19 minutes of music showing their vast influences and musicianship skills. 'The Prelude' takes a listener to journey to experience thematic lyrics, skull crushing riffs, grand epic themes, powerful vocals and much more.

visit Fire Garden | Progressive Rock band from Chicago to stream the EP free and join our mailing list to download FREE track.

Also take a moment to join us all social media sites.

www.facebook.com/firegardenmusic
    www.twitter.com/firegardenmusic
    www.youtube.com/firegardenmusic

Cheers,
    Zee

2. Nykur_Myrkvi

Nykur_Myrkvi SS.org Regular

Just started listening. Will give a short review/impression afterwards.

3. firegardenmusic

firegardenmusic Progger

4. MistaSnowman

MistaSnowman Play It LOUD!!!

Always good to see bands hailing from Chicago, and doing well!!!!

5. Nykur_Myrkvi

Nykur_Myrkvi SS.org Regular

First thing that hit me was that this has a really old school prog sound about it, which I personally love. Some parts sound really inspired by Dream Theater (not in a "ripoff" kind of way or anything). The vocals are really good, remind me of prog in some places and 90's rock/grunge in others (for example: Latter half of Far from Grace). I really enjoy the change between the two "sounds". That kind of range can really keep music from feeling stale although that wouldn't be a problem here, all the instruments are really doing their part justice.

The guitar solo near the beginning of Far from Grace was really tastefully done and I love that it wasn't an extended solo. It was exactly what the part needed.

The mix of the EP is really good. Sounds very organic and everything is audible at the right times although (it is possible this is due to my computers speakers) I would have loved to hear more bass in the heavier parts. I felt it was very noticeable in the quieter parts but took a very backstage role in some of the parts with more distorted guitar. Maybe that's exactly what you wanted, I'm a sucker for the bass sticking out (despite being a guitarist, maybe because I'm the only guitarist in my band so the bassist tends to have a huge role.). But you could always feel its presence in the heavier parts so that's not a criticism really, more of a personal preference.

I was so sure the song was over when the part around 4:20 in Forsaken started, I thought it would fade out so I was kinda surprised that there was a part after that. It was a really cool part to end the song though so it was a pleasant surprise.

Overall a very strong debut EP. Congratulations on the release.

6. firegardenmusic

firegardenmusic Progger

Well thank you for a great detailed review...I appreciate your time.

These 3 songs will be remixed with the full length record (we are looking to get this time work to work with some well known professional). I am sure you will like the full length record which is already written and we are setting up our schedule to get it done by summer.

Cheers,
    Zee

7. RevDrucifer

RevDrucifer SS.org Regular

Great stuff!

Definitely going to check out more when I have the time.

And Fire Garden is my favorite Vai album too!

8. firegardenmusic

firegardenmusic Progger

I thank all for taking time out and listened the EP. Please spread the word and join us on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube