(FFO Erra) Dungblaster Mix Cover (FSTG Session)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Dans, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Dans

Dans Dans

Hey guys, just got these multitracks from Brian at 456 Recordings by subscribing to his mailing list at FSTG mixing course. I think I got the mix sounding pretty great and would like to share it with you guys. Any feedback would still be highly appreciated! Hope you enjyoy!

https://soundcloud.com/danshuang/dungblaster-modern-metal-mix-ffo-erra

2. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

I really enjoyed this mix and can't wait to take a stab at these multi-tracks myself.

3. Dans

Dans Dans

4. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

The Dungblaster track is sooooo good, Brian is a legend for giving these out and the entirety of Sentinel's album.

Three critiques I have since you asked for feedback:

The middle/center seems a little empty. Was stereo widening applied to the guitars or anything else that would result in a less full center?

and the guitar, while they sound great, could potentially fit the song better with a bit more gain/saturation. I don't know, I just love Brian Hood's overly saturated tones and feel that they fit the bands he produces perfectly so my mix of the song had a really distorted guitar tone.

The bass could come out a little more. As is, I think it meshes really well with the nice medium gain/pleasant on the ears guitar tone, but a few extra decibels of volume on the distorted high/mid track of the bass would really help the mix pop I think.