"FCKH8" Straight Talk About Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by GuitaristOfHell, Nov 17, 2010.

1. GuitaristOfHell

GuitaristOfHell The Optimist Prime.

2. GuitaristOfHell

Oh just a not also if you leave a post please don't be all " Gay is wrong" ect... Not saying you can't disagree, but this post is meant to support gays.

3. ry_z

ry_z Ikebana Noise Club

:lol: This rules.

4. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

I didn't approve of the Sweeping generalization of Republicans.

However the rest of it is win. :metal:

5. GuitaristOfHell

Indeed it is.

6. josh pelican

josh pelican Banned

I should get one of those shirts.

SOME DUDES MARRY DUDES. GET OVER IT.

7. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

I hate this video so goddamn much.

If I was really on the fence or unsure about the topic of gay marriage, being cursed out like drag queens and small children, and sweeping generalizations wouldn't exactly help me side with them. Conservatives claim that gays demoralize wholesome values and to combat it you have small kids dropping F bombs like drunken old whores in a back alley dispute..yeah..really helpful. Shit like this just makes it worse for gay people, not better.

Customisbetter likes this.
  8. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

100% agree. Is this a pro-gay marriage campaign, or a pro-"liberal use of the word "fuck"" campaign? It doesn't seem particularly well thought-out to me. So the f-bomb is going to get peoples' attention. Great. I have nothing against gay people or "bad language". I've been to gay weddings. I have a mouth like a trucker. It's just that when I'm trying to get my point across intelligently, I refrain from sounding like an angry bastard. I have a feeling that half the bible-thumping rednecks that these campaigns are trying to fight will be up in arms now, not just because they think that gay marriage is a sin, but now also because they think they're going to corrupt their children with rotten language. I honestly don't believe that this campaign will speak to anyone who isn't already in support of gay marriage.

9. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

Drak makes a really good point actually. To a 20 year old internet machien like myself, this ad is harmless and transparent.

To the rest of the world (read:99% of people) this is a diorama of a parents worst nightmare.

10. GuitaristOfHell

I too found the word "fuck" to be a weird one to have little kids say. I'm not fond of that but the video does have some good points like:
    " If it were all about protecting marriage, you'd be making divorce illegal for straight people". Which I find to be true.

11. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

To the average person any good points made in the video will most likely be overshadowed by the children saying fuck. Perfect execution of a bad idea.

12. TemjinStrife

TemjinStrife Power Metal Cellist

I dunno, I think it's funny and kind of cathartic. I doubt it will be watched much outside of the pro-gay community anyway; and it's not like it's going to change anyone's mind.

13. GuitaristOfHell

I don't think it was made to change anyone's mind. My guess is there just "saying some guys like guys and some girls like girls... get over it". That's just what I think the message is, not necessarily trying to change one's mind set, however I can see it being interpreted that way.

14. Krankguitarist

Krankguitarist SS.org Regular

Ohhhh nooooessss!

Children saying the f bomb!!!!!

How will our society ever possibly recover?!?!?!?!!

Oh, wait. South park's been doing it since the 90's. Well, nuts to that.

15. GuitaristOfHell

16. Dan

Dan Senior Member

There’s a difference between adults acting as children in a cartoon and the real world.

Though I’m pro gay marriage, this ad is only going to make the campaign worse. Like previously stated, people don’t want to see children swearing. It made me feel a little uncomfortable watching it simply because of the amount of language used and the way the actual advert was put across.

Some of their points were valid, I will agree with that. However, I think using the word fuck after each sentence basically was just plain stupid and it makes them look like a bad influence not only on children whom they hope to adopt but the general publics perception of them is tarnished. You want to fight a Republican you need to make advertisements that will appeal to Republican voters.

On another note (and possibly a controversial one) i don't believe society is ready for gay marriages to have children. It isn’t that i don’t believe that gay couples can handle having a child, more i can see the psychological torment that these children (especially boys with two male fathers) would get from peers during their school years. People are still too small minded to accept that two men can have a loving relationship and raise a child. :noplease:

17. Self Bias

Self Bias Banned

Straight up honesty, I think it's totally cool for a man to show affection towards another man. You will see as you get older the increasing tenderness and sensitivity between men "of a certain age". But no butthole shit- that's seriously twisted. Dude! poop comes out of there.

18. ry_z

ry_z Ikebana Noise Club

You piss out of your dick.

I'm just saying. :rolleyes:

19. Self Bias

Self Bias Banned

Yeah, but, well...hmm

20. groph

groph surrounded by chairs

Yeah, Drak makes a good point yet again.

I saw some of these videos and pretty much laughed my ass off the entire way through, especially when some little girl says "Don't FUCK with my two gay dads!" I find children swearing to be violently funny, for whatever reason. Still, it's not really making any new points, it's just another one of these "pissed off minority" campaigns, similar to the shit that gave feminists the stereotype of being chronically irate lesbians who want to chop down anything and everything that stands proud of the ground.

I kind of liked the commercial with Wanda Sykes that explains why the word "gay" is offensive perfectly. She's in a restaurant and overhears a group of teenage boys say "LOL THATS SO GHEY LOL" She walks over and lays out a perfectly logical argument that ends in "so how would you feel if I saw something stupid and said that's so 16 year old boy?" or something to that effect. I'm not for banning words and I don't support political correctness at all, but the whole "gay as the go-to word for disapproval of anything" is pretty stupid, I think. I try really hard not to say it.

The generalization of Republicans made me roll my eyes too when I first saw this video.

So yeah, small children yelling fuck is hilarious and gets your attention, you've got the "gross out factor" for "ignorant straight men" when they show guys kissing, the "awesome factor" for "ignorant straight men" when they show girls kissing, everything is there for the liberation of gay people, right?

How's that been working out? Activism is effective when it's actually out changing things and not complaining from the sidelines.

EDIT: Pause this video at 14 seconds. RAAWWWWRRR