Fantasy Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by MFB, Oct 6, 2013.

1. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Looks like Stempniak will be returning to the Flames' line up tonight, starting on the third and I can only assume work his way back up to the first (or second, wherever he was before). If he comes back quick enough I'll probably pick him back up cause he was great before he got hurt.

2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Ended up making some big chances recently:

Picked up Gionta and MacArthur
    Dropped Gionta for Zucarello (NYR)
    Dropped a LW for Kreider (NYR)
    Dropped a D for Jake Muzzin (LA)

Think I had one more transaction but those are the big ones lately. Shaw has been working out well since he's pretty much 'one eh game, two good games' which I'm fine with. Hoping that MacArthur pans out since he hasn't done much lately.

3. MFB

MFB ExBendable

After a combined 1.7 over three games (yup, you read that right), MacArthur pulled it together tonight netting a whopping 8.6 pts :flex: Legwand is trailing close behind at 7.7, but with only 2:30 to go in the 3rd it looks like he won't top him. Steve Mason pulled out an impressive 16.2 even with having two goals against! :wow:

Off to a good start, let's hope they keep this up

4. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Brent Burns is back :woohoo:

5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

What do you guys think, drop Edler (Van D) to pick up Morris (Phoenix D)? Morris averages more based on goals/assists/defensive points, but lacks in hits/SOG/blocks as well as penalties - all of which help out in the overall. I've had Edler since the season started and whenever I think I should drop him he has this little breakout and ends up having 5+ point nights but then goes back to hovering around 2.5, with some dipping down to the under a point range.

6. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

Killing it in my pools as of today! In my Yahoo pool, I'm 2/8 as I have been for what seems like forever, but I've closed the gap on 1st to only 11 pts after he was 70 pts ahead of the pack when I moved into 2nd. In my other pool, I'm 7/193 and have had the best team in the league over the past month!

7. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Somehow I'm currently in first place with a 9-1 record :lol: I got to kick my brother's ass last week since he was bragging in the beginning and then being really douchey and picking up a new goalie every night for a while (had two solid starter goalies and a third rotating back-up). This week I'm barely pulling ahead of the other guy and I think tonight is where things will tip in his favor since I've only got Fleury and Grubauer playing while he's got Dubnyk and a couple forwards (namely Crosby)

8. Pav

Pav ???

Hehe those people who constantly rotate their rosters to some extent kinda piss me off. It seems to take away from the strategy of drafting at the beginning of the season, only to have someone kick your ass by virtue of picking up any bottom-six forward going through a short hot streak.

9. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I can understand swapping a forward or something because he's hurt or not playing anywhere near his previous year (see: Claude Giroux earlier this year) but just swapping goalies because they aren't starting is horseshit and like you said; it undermines the drafting portion at the beginning of the season.

Still up by 17 points, so if I at least tie for tonight I'll be ecstatic since my line-up is full for tomorrow and then I have two less guys playing than him the night after but they're power players so I might pull it off

10. MFB

MFB ExBendable

:flex:

Still up by 8.5 points

11. JeffFromMtl

#1 team in a 193-man pool! I'm a monster! :flex:
    Still #2 in the Yahoo pool, though.

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Went from 1st to 4th with my most recent loss, but I should be able to bounce back this next week to be 10-2 and then keep going until then. Put up an impressive 277pts but the other dude pulled out a 315 pt week which just killed me; not surprising since he does have Crosby on his team, as well as Mike Green and other powerhouse players.

I need Zetterberg back and pronto.

13. MFB

MFB ExBendable

What do you guys think: Dustin Penner and Blake Wheeler for James Neal?

Penner plays on Anaheim's first line (and one of the top scoring lines period) and Wheeler also plays while Winnipeg's first line. On their own their averaging around 3.3-3.6/game, but together for one guy? The team who has him hasn't even made a single move or changed his line-up at all, not to mention last in the league so he probably won't care, but think it'd be worth trying for?

14. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

Kinda OT, but I've always wanted to try fantasy hockey but have no idea where or how to start, as noone i know does fantasy anything. I'm pretty sure it's too late to start this season, but next season, do you guys think you could help me get started? Maybe have an SS.org league or something

15. JeffFromMtl

Dude, I would love to have an SSO league next year, that would be badass!

As for my teams this year, I'm still #1 in a 193-man pool, and #2 (2 pts out of 1st) in my Yahoo pool, but still struggling with the injury bug. I've got 4 players in IR now, and have probably had 9-10 guys on IR this season, forcing me to use 11 of my 15 moves already.

16. MFB

MFB ExBendable

....ing hell, I was gonna pick up Paul Stastny from Col this morning and ....ing ASSHAT #1 guy also had the same idea and snagged him right before I woke up :rant: Found out he's also my brother's boss (my brother who happens to be the commissioner of the league) so shit's crazy.

I'm still sitting at #2 right now with a 12-2 record, and I think from my original draft I've only got like ...7 guys left, with 3 of those being goalies :lol: (Fleury, Niemi, Mason)

Also - count me in for an SSO league

17. Pav

Pav ???

I'd be totally down for an SSO league. It's too late for this year but we could easily get something rolling for next season.

And fantasy sports are easy as hell. It just takes some time to get used to whatever site you're playing on and how/where they have all of their shit laid out. If we do an SSO league you'll be up and running on your own within a week.

18. MFB

MFB ExBendable

^ This.

The biggest issue you'll run into with fantasy hockey is forgetting to set your lineup day-to-day or wanting to draft a good amount of players from one team because it's most likely your favorite team

19. JeffFromMtl

2 pools, 1 leader.
    Powerful drafting. This could be worth 3 months rent :yesway:

[​IMG]

20. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Well, it's week one of playoffs for me, currently sitting at #2 out of twelve with a record of 17-4. Have a bye-week but still putting up good numbers for not having many players on these days. The real test will be next week since after that I guarantee I'm playing the #1 player and he's had a 17 game win streak so... yeah.

Final roster going in sits at :

Left Wingers - Nazem Kadri (TOR), Nick Foligno (CLS), Gustav Nyquist (DET), Taylor Hall (EDM), and on IR - Henrik Zetterberg (DET)

Right Wingers - Radim Vrbata (PHO), Brent Burns (SJ), Jason Pominville (MIN), Blake Wheeler (WPG), and Gustav Nyquist (DET [plays both LW/RW])

Centers - Tyler Bozak (TOR), Martin Hanzal (PHO), Olli Jokinen (WPG), along with Taylor Hall/Zetterberg who also play winger roles

Defense - Cam Fowler (ANA), Eric Gelinas (NJ), Roman Josi (NSH), Erik Johnson (COL), Brent Seabrook (CHI)

Goalies - Fleury (PIT), Niemi (SJ), Mason (PHI)