Fantasy Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by MFB, Oct 6, 2013.

1. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Burns is definitely a sweet pick-up, but when I saw him on the DTD list I nearly cried because he's too valuable to lose. I'm surprised Letang is still out and I feel bad for the guy in my league who has him because he's definitely a worth-while player to have if he was healthy.

2. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

Aaaand there goes Eriksson, joining Nash and Hall on the IR :rant2:

3. Pav

Pav ???

It's looking like he'll be back in the lineup tomorrow. He was just playing it super cautious with his knee.

4. JeffFromMtl

AND NOW PEKKA RINNE

FVCK FVCK FVCK

5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Welp, Burns sat out tonight's game as well as Tuesday's (or Mondays?) so he's cost me some points this week, but it's not enough to actually drop him. I'm expecting him to be back for Saturday's game.

6. MFB

MFB ExBendable

....ing FUCK!

Burns isn't playing tonight against Montreal and apparently he's not even in Canada as he's being further evaluated for damage :wallbash:

Also, what would you guys do - Toronto vs. Pens; I have Fleury as one of my starting goalies, but I also have Bozak/Kadri as starting forwards which means more points they score than the less Fleury nets me. Swap him for Mason who's starting against Islanders, or leave all the power players and accept that either of the two are going to have good nights?

7. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Oh cool, Bozak is also hurt as of last fame as is Stempniak - so there goes one of my power Centers and another solid right wing. Shit went downhill quick

8. MFB

MFB ExBendable

4-0!

Killing it at the moment with a four win streak since we started, but I don't imagine it lasting much longer. Picked up Bolland to replace Bozak for the time being, now I'm just waiting for Burns to get better and hoping I don't have to try and replace one of my Wingers this late in the season since no one good is available.

9. JeffFromMtl

Still getting ....ing killed by injuries... Yet still holding onto 2nd in the league as of last night.

[​IMG]

10. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Guh, San Jose plays Phoenix tomorrow. What do you guys think, leave in Niemmi and accept either he has a great game and Hanzal/Vrbata net me few points, or swap out Niemi for Mason (provided he starts) and take the lower points as they play the Devils?

11. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Crap, Bolland (Mon) who I picked up to replace Bozak while he's on IR just got hurt as well :( Dropped him for Andrew Shaw from Chicago, so hopefully he can work some magic onto my team - even if he is a third line center.

12. JeffFromMtl

You gotta always stick with your #1 goalie, I think. Even if he doesn't have the best game, SJ's strong enough to just about be a lock for the W.

13. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Welp, it went do a six round shoot out but SJ took a L to Phoenix. My Hanzal/Vrbata line netted me a collective 4.5 points, and Niemi snagged me 10.1 even with a loss so I'm OK. Mason didn't even start for the Flyers which is surprising considering Emery was fighting the other night; nor did Fleury get the start for the Pens.

Biggest move was leaving Serjka on the bench when he went on to get 7 points during their game :wallbash:

14. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Looks like my streak just got bumped up to 5-0 :cool:

I have a feeling this will be the last week though, not because my guys don't put up impressive numbers but because I'm simply getting out-played next week; that's literally all it comes down to. I'll be as shocked as everyone else if I make it to 6-0, especially since I was hoping the one other guy who is 5-0 would lose it before I did :(

Bozak's injury got bumped up from the initial 7-10 they expected which sucks since I'd love to have him back. Luckily Shaw put up an impressive 5.1 and was only up-staged surprisingly enough by the Glencross of the Flames who snagged a goal and an assist.

15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

What do you guys think, Dupuis for Gionta (Mon)? I wish I didn't have to do it but his games are few and far between when they happen and it's a bit nerve-wracking to wonder when those big impressive games are gonna happen; especially from a guy who's on the first line with Crosby and Kunitz!

Edit: AND NOW VRBATA IS ON DAY-TO-DAY WATCH AS WELL! What the ever living FUCK is going on with this week? I already lost Stempniak a week ago, now Glencross this week, Vrbata tonight, and Burns and Bozak are already on IR/DTD as well, this is fucking horseshit man. It's one thing to have a goalie or someone go on IR, but it's another thing to lose 4 of your forwards in the span of a month, especially two-months into the season.

16. JeffFromMtl

As a habs fan, I'd stick with Dupuis. Gionta's been injury-prone the last few seasons, and he hasn't put up over 46 pts since he played in Jersey. Dupuis should break 46 based on his linemates alone, and he'll rack up more hits and PIMs.

17. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I hope since since he just went on DTD watch :(

Literally all 3/4s of my RWs are DTD, what the .... man?

18. JeffFromMtl

I know the feeling dude, I've already had 6 players on IR this season, plus Eriksson was DTD for like 3 weeks after the concussion.

And it's looking like Rinne won't be back until Christmas, and apparently Rick Nash's concussion is being described as a "long-term concern"... Hopefully it's not a worst-case scenario sort of thing. We've seen way too many great players' careers ended by this sort of injury.

19. Pav

Pav ???

Dupuis will be fine. He rarely misses games at all, let alone more than one or two. Definitely stick with him.

20. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I've kept him so far, but I wish he was more consistent. I'd rather have ~2 points per game than something like an 6.7/.2/.2/.4 streak or something similar. Snagged MacArthur from Washington and finally dropped Bozak since he'll be out for a little hwile longer and put Burns in his IR slot.