Fantasy Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by MFB, Oct 6, 2013.

1. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Somebody's sitting pretty at a total 186 pts for the first week of their Fantasy season :cool:

Ditched Seidenberg last night as he wasn't getting me anything over a 1.5, and snagged Bogosian from Winnipeg who got me 1.1 on his first day; so I'll take a reliable 1.X - 2.5~ over a back and forth between anywhere from .04 to 2.8~ Considering dropping Jordan Staal in favor of Bolland as he's been putting up impressive numbers as well, but I'll give it a few days before making any brash decisions since Staal was a heavy hitter during the 12-13 season for Carolina.

2. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Ok guys, fantasy hockey discussions can go here

3. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I have a feeling this'll be a lot of me talking with myself but oh well :lol:

Any of you guys want to weight in on this, dropping Justin Williams (LA) for Jiri Hudler (CGY)? Jiri's put up better numbers and more consistently, but Williams has had a good game and some not so good games like any regular player would but he may go up as well later in the season while Hudler goes down.

What do you guys think, is Hudler just putting up good numbers and about to coast down to the realm of realistic soon and not worth dropping Williams for, or do it and ride those good numbers while they last?

4. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Welp, my step-dad took Hudler right from under me :lol: Oh well, I should've grabbed him when I had the chance. Took Calgary's right wing (Stempians or something) so I have him and Glencross on the ice at the same time so hopefully that'll help. Considered taking Brent Burns from San Jose but wasn't 100% sure.

5. Pav

Pav ???

You mean Lee Stempniak? Probably one of the few remaining Flames that can put up points besides Mike Caammaallerrii. Though personally, I would've stuck with Justin Williams.

6. MFB

MFB ExBendable

.... me sideways, David Jones got hurt the DAY AFTER I drafted him. God damn it you piece of shit, you put up great numbers too!

Gonna snag Jaime Benn from Dallas to replace him but I have a feeling I'll still be short in the long run

7. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

I hope none of you have Lundqvist. Letting in, what, 10 goals in 2 games?

8. Pav

Pav ???

Hell no, I made that mistake last year. I drafted him in the first round when so many were projecting the Rangers to win the Cup and Lundqvist the Vezina. He's been putting up mediocre numbers ever since and it was a total waste of a high pick.

Meanwhile, I still have this guy trying to figure out how he can get Varlamov from me. James Reimer and Jason Spezza? He's heading in the right direction, at least.

9. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Bernier is starting 99% of their games so right now Reimer isnt worth shit really which sucks since I have him and even on nights they play, he gets me 0 pts besides here and there

10. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Probably a silly question but would you guys swap Stempniak for Burns (SJ)? I feel like it should be a no brainer but Stempniak is estimated to see more time and actually perform a little better but I'm still not 100% sure

11. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

He's on a line with Hertl and Thornton. In 4 games, they have a ton of points combined

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Truth, I'll have to wait till next week to snag him but I might as well. With Jones out, my Calgary line got shot to hell, and I had to snag a new Defenseman while Edler is suspended :noplease:

13. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Lost out on picking up Benn from Dallas AND Zdlinky (or whatever his name was) from NJ on Defense :( Luckily Edler's suspension runs up today and he only missed one game, so I took Cogliano from Anaheim and swapped out Stempniak with Burns (SJ) so I should be putting up better numbers than before

Also, 7,777 post

14. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Brunner is kind of disappointing me, so I'm thinking of letting him go in favor of Alex Chiasson from Dallas. He's on their second line as RW, but he's also on their first line for their PP with Seguin and Benn, so that's where he mainly puts up the numbers. Brunner has good has good games (two to be precise) but since then he's been hovering in the mid-ones range, despite being in the same position.

My biggest fear at this point is that someone else snags Chiasson from under me like what happened with Hudler, but think Brunner might pan out during the season?

15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

MOTHERFUCKERS

Alright, no more waiting around during Fantasy anymore, if my gut says do it - I'm doing it. Too many unknowns getting snagged from under me and I'm sick of this shit.

16. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Dropped Staal, picked up Hanzal which means I've got 2/3rds of the Coyotes top scoring line (and not even their first line surprisingly) so this should be make for more points overall; along with snagging Burns from SJ who's put up either an assist or a goal during every game, so that's nice too.

Backstrom handed my shit to me yesterday since he's on my step-dad's team, but tonight the tide switched in my favor. Now it's just a matter of putting up enough numbers on the days I have more players to compensate for my days when I'm outnumbered 4 games to my 1.

17. MFB

MFB ExBendable

3-0, bitches :agreed:

Pulled out a win so far every week, and it may happen again this week. Currently only me and one other guy are 3-0, so I started a "club" to mock everyone else with. I can only hope this is isn't going to end horribly, like, half-way through start losing every week :lol:

18. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

Still managing to hold onto 2nd in my league with Nash, Lehtonen and now Hall on IR :noplease: Gonna be a long season.

19. Pav

Pav ???

I'm getting molested on IR again this year. :( Taylor Hall goes down just as RNH comes back and I still have both James Neal and Kris Letang just...waiting.

20. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

I also had RNH on the IR... it took them way too long to put him on there too (he should have been IR eligible from the get-go), and it ruined my chance to pick up Brent Burns (RW/D eligible :bowdown:) in the meantime. Someone else dropped a dude to pick him up the day before RNH was made IR eligible. Now I rage every time I see Burns' name on the stat sheet :scream: