Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ayaotd, Jul 30, 2013.

1. mr11

mr11 SS.org Regular

Starting ANY defense against the Jaguars is a great decision. I keep waiting for Philly's D to stop being so lucky and get shredded. Maybe they're actually... good? My poor Saints giving them Jenkins and Sproles. Ouch

2. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^Yeah, I've started the D/ST against the Jags every game so far in one of my leagues. But my annual, I have only used Philly and San Fran. But yeah, Cleveland is getting used there too this week.

So many of my points have come from Philly's D/ST; same with Stephen Gostkowski, only one week not in double-digits so far.

3. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Make that 2 weeks that Gostkowski didn't hit double-digits. Oh well, can't expect 15-18 points out of a kicker every week. :lol:

4. mr11

mr11 SS.org Regular

He still scored more than Edelman :noplease:

5. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

These "experts" can suck my nuts. Hillman having a hell of a game against SF!

I have Demaryius and Hillman in my annual league; Manning, Demaryius ans Hillman in my new league. Boom.

Edit: I have scored higher than my projections for 5 weeks straight. And I have been my annual (and much more competitive) league's top scorer for 4 weeks straight. I started 0-3. On fire!

6. mr11

mr11 SS.org Regular

I started 1-3 and have won the past 3, top scorer twice. Every time I play based on projected scores I get burned. Demaryius and Golden Tate (unfortunately for my saints) saved my bacon this week though. Ben Tate and Cameron busted :noway:. That's what I get for putting some kind of faith in Cleveland

7. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^I benched Cameron for Gates at the last minute.

I did put faith in Cleveland's D/ST, cause I mean... Jacksonville.

8. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Wow that Pittsburgh/Houston game almost ruined my night haha.

In my new league, my team had a dreadful week... was losing 86-29. Then the Broncos game happened and I ended up 107-86. But he still had Le'Veon Bell. Final score? 107-105. Whew!

(Also have Manning, DT and Hillman in that league)

9. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

That moment where you're stuck with Ryan Tannehill due to by weeks...

10. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^Could be a lot worse, I'd say. He's done quite well this season and he's @Jax this week.

Since the Denver/San Diego game is tomorrow, I need to hurry up and make up my mind on who to start in my 2nd Flex spot; either Malcom Floyd or Larry Fitzgerald. Tough decision; San Diego tends to so well in Denver, Floyd could be a big factor. Fitz is against Philly, who do allow a lot of points, but who also have the potential to really screw things up for Palmer. I also have Philly's D/ST.

11. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Even though I currently have the highest score in my money league, I need Murray and Bryant to score less than a combined 26 points. What a stretch that is, being at home against the Redskins. Ugh... I'd be fine if I had started Fitzgerald and Baltimore's D/ST instead of Malcom Floyd and Philly's D/ST. Or Brandin Cooks didn't have by far his biggest game this season.

12. mr11

mr11 SS.org Regular

So should I finally give up on my dream that Zac Stacy would breakout this year? He seems to be pushed out of the rotation. I just can't bring my self to drop him...

13. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^Do you need the roster space? I almost gave up on Brady, glad I didn't.

14. mr11

mr11 SS.org Regular

Not really as I just lost Brian Quick who I need to replace with someone... Too bad Stacy has no trade value

15. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Yeah.... So about that decision to play Tannehill this week. And to think, I coulda took a chance on Kyle Orton....

16. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^You didn't make the wrong call though; I mean, it's the Jags and Tannehill has been playing pretty well. Just like the week I started Eli over Brady. Eli had been playing awesome, Brady had been mediocre. Did it work out that week? Hellllll no haha.

I'll be starting Orton on Brady's bye next week; he'll be home against KC, we'll see how that plays out.

Forsett is likely out this week, and I was 1 Waiver spot away from getting Taliaferro, ugh! And there are no decent RBs available because we have a team that is hoarding 6 on his bench. What a dick. And it's the guy I play this week.

Edit: And now Forsett expects to play. At least I didn't drop him or anything. My worst fantasy experience so far this season was when ALL of the injury updates said Andre Ellington was indefinitely OUT for 5-6 weeks, dropped him, 2 days later he was a "game day decision"......

17. mr11

mr11 SS.org Regular

:lol: One can never be blamed for not playing/picking-up Kyle Orton...

18. mr11

mr11 SS.org Regular

Matt Forte and Julio Jones just showed up on the waiver wire... Idiots. Problem is I'm number 6 waiver priority. Maybe nobody else will notice right?

19. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

I mean... are those people giving up or something? Lol

20. mr11

mr11 SS.org Regular

Haha their 8-0 record might just show they know more than I do but I've got to wonder. This league has two of every skill position and a bench of only 5 so I think the bye week might have done them in, there were certainly some less desirable players to drop though...