Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ayaotd, Jul 30, 2013.

1. ayaotd

ayaotd SS.org Regular

Anyone else here play/excited for the upcoming season?

2. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

Me.

I won my league last year, and I'm pretty excited about the potential of my keepers for this season. My league only allow keepers to be from the 6th round and later from the previous year's draft, or picked up on waivers. I'm keeping Doug Martin and Randall Cobb. Everyone else pretty much has garbage to pick from on keepers. It will be tough to top my team last year though.

QB-Matt Ryan, RB's - Doug Martin, the rest aren't worth mentioning (.... you,Fred Jackson), WR's - Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Randall Cobb, TE's - Gronk, Dennis Pitta, Team D - Packers (feast or famine with that bunch), K - Mason Crosby (what the .... happened to him last year?)

It's a 12 man league, so that will explain some of the holes/lack of depth.

3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Love me some fantasy football. My team wasn't the greatest last year, but I managed a sleeper in CJ Spiller (y'know, when Chan Gailey wasn't being a douche and not having him play). Already done plenty of mock drafting to get ready for the season.

So on that note, we should have an SSO league... Or if anyone needs another head for theirs, let me know. I usually do multiple leagues.

4. Jlang

Jlang I am Megatron

I would totally be down to do a SSO pool.

5. Ralyks

Just did my draft for one league. My roster;

QB - Russell Wilson
    WR - Dez Bryant
    WR - Demaryius Thomas
    WR - Stevie Johnson
    RB - C.J. Spiller
    RB - Chris Johnson
    TE - Vernon Davis
    K - Lawrence Tynes
    DEF/ST - Cinnicnati

Bench:
    QB - Eli Manning
    RB - David Wilson
    WR - DeAndre Hopkins
    RB - Eddy Lacy
    RB - Fred Jackson
    WR - Justin Blackmon

Not too bad, only real concern is that, while I have AWESOME WR's in Bryant and Thomas, the no. 3 spot is all questions. Stevie is having leg problems and needs to train for with the new QBs, Hopkins is a rookie and probably no. 2 behind Andre Johnson in Houston, and Blackmon is suspended for the first four games of the regular season.

Also, don't know who to start in week 1 between Wilson and Chris Johnson for the no. 2 RB spot.

6. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

^^^ Not one Saint on your roster??? Tisk tisk tisk....haha. I had Justin Blackmon on my roster last year....NEVER again :lol:

7. Ralyks

Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham were both gone by the 3rd round, and I couldn't pass up Demaryius Thomas somehow falling to the 3rd round. I try to get Brees if he's still there, but a lot of guys drafted QBs early in this league, a philosophy I'm not fond of. I take Rodgers or Brees if they're still there in the 3rd, or just wait until round 5 or 6, depending on if Cam Newton is availible or not.

Also, I'm a Giants/Bills fan, so slight bias for their players. I'm betting CJ Spiller will be a top 5 running back by the end of the season, if not top 3.

I don't even know why I took Blackmon. I got one great game out of him least season, and he's suspended for the first 4 games of this season. I may just drop him for Brian Hartline, whos probably the best WR that went undrafted. I'm considering seeing if I can trade one of my RB's for a 3rd WR, maybe my friend would part with Tavon Austin...

8. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

Yup, i've been in a league with 12 guys for the past 7-8 years. 6 dudes in Washington state, 6 of us from Hampton Roads. no money, just joking and bragging rights, love it.

We are doing 6 keepers this year which i think is excessive.
    Mine are....
    - L.Fitzgerald
    - Reggie Bush
    - Jordy Nelson
    - Wes Welker
    - A. Boldin/Vick
    - Antonio Gates

Need a QB - trying to decide whether to keep Boldin or Vick - leaning Vick ATM

9. Ralyks

I'd say that would depend on who's availible at QB. Vick's good, but too fragile.

10. ayaotd

ayaotd SS.org Regular

Where would you guys draft Foster after his recent injury trouble?

11. gunshow86de

That depends on a number of things; size of your league, draft position, and scoring system (PPR league?). Assuming he recovers by week 1, I'd still say he's a top 5 back. If you're picking in the later half of round 1 of a 10-12 team league with "standard scoring," and Foster is still hanging around, I'd take him. If he slips to round 2, definitely take him.

12. ayaotd

ayaotd SS.org Regular

12 man league, standard scoring. Which pick do you take him with?

13. gunshow86de

Well, it looks like he'll be ready for week 1. Arian Foster of Houston Texans to come off PUP list - ESPN

Obviously you take Peterson before Foster. Personally, I would take Marshawn Lynch over Foster, and maybe Doug Martin or Jamal Charles (pretty big maybes).

Basicially, he should be the 2nd or 3rd RB off the board. For most leagues, that translates to somewhere in the first 5 picks.

14. ayaotd

ayaotd SS.org Regular

Yeah. I think I would take Peterson, Martin, Spiller, then Foster. I would normally take him number two, but I think Spiller and Martin are good due to the injury.

15. Ralyks

I'm personally taking Spiller with any pick thats not the first two, but that may be my bias as a Bills fan and my hunch that he's going to have a monster year. But Foster, I would say is gone by pick #4 the latest. He was first picked in one of the leagues I drafted in.

Speaking of which, I did a draft where I think I did so well, I actually feel bad;

QB - Russell Wilson
    WR - Calvin Johnson
    WR - Demaryius Thomas
    WR - Golden Tate
    RB - C.J. Spiller
    RB - David Wilson
    TE - Jimmy Graham
    W/R - Chris Ivory
    K - Sebastian Janikowski
    DEF/ST - San Francisco

Bench is EJ Manuel, Matt Schuab, Rueben Randle, Jared Cook, Tavon Austin, Giovani Bernard, DeAndre Hopkins, and Eddy Lacy. I'm only wondering if I should maybe switch out Tate with Austin, Ivory with Lacy, etc...

16. ayaotd

ayaotd SS.org Regular

Wow. How many peoe in your league?^

17. Ralyks

10 people, I was pick #6. I was seriously wondering how the hell Calvin was still there at my pick in the 2nd round, and Jimmy Graham was still there in the 3rd, Demaryius in the 4th...

18. ayaotd

ayaotd SS.org Regular

That's awesome man! I have a 12 man live draft on Sunday, then an online draft Monday!

19. Ralyks

Thanks, and best of luck. I'm suppose to be doing a live draft in a 12 man league with a much bigger by in, but it's still waiting to be rescheduled. I'm waiting for a chance to drunkenly take Leon Sandcastle with my first pick.

20. ayaotd

ayaotd SS.org Regular

My 12 man live draft ended up being 10. It is an IDP league. I don't have my team in front of me. Here is what I remember. Standard, 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, K, then defense goes 3 of any position, 2 DB's. Kind of a ridiculous league. Unlimited waivers.

QB: Cam Newton, Eli Manning
    RB: Doug Martin, Chris Johnson, Giovanni Bernard, Chris Ivory
    WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings
    TE: Tony Gonzalez. Zach Sudfeld
    K: Phil Dawson
    D: D'Qwell Jackson, LaVonte David, Clay Matthews, Daryl Washington
    DB: Richard Sherman, Mark Barron