Fanned Fret Ibanez Acoustic

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by LordHar, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MajorTom

MajorTom Supreme Being

These have been out for a good while now, and they are very reasonably priced, in fact like all of Ibanez's acoustic guitars they are very well priced considering the quality of them., I bought a couple of them back in January, I wouldn't say that it has an extreme fan on them either, the seventh fret is the parallel or neutral fret, which is what a lot of manufacturers use like Strandberg do on their fan fretted guitars.

If your on the fence about buying one, I would strongly suggest that you take the plunge, you won't regret it, they are probably the cheapest all solid wood construction - solid Sitka Spruce top solid rosewood back and sides mahogany neck rosewood fretboard and bridge, not to mention that it has both a bone nut and saddle, though the bridge pins are plastic, production fanned fret acoustic guitars available on the market, they have the extremely good electrics that Ibanez use on some of their acoustic guitars, the Fishman Sonicore which runs off of two AA instead of the square 9v battery, has a built in tuner, the ability to adjust the shape treble middle bass and phase of your guitars sound - if you are running it through an amp, and it also has both a balanced XLR and 1/4'' outputs, which you can actually use at the same time. Plus they have Ibanez's really good access and comfortable AEL body shape, though it it a thin AEL, as in it's a bit thinner than Ibanez AEL2012E and the seven string Ibanez AEL207E.

It really is an extremely good value for money acoustic guitar at under £400.00 in the U.K, fanned frets or not.