Facebook Groups?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by vortex_infinium, May 13, 2018.

1. vortex_infinium

vortex_infinium SS.org Regular

I hear about a lot of rare and interesting stuff going up for sale on Facebook groups that doesn't otherwise make it to sites like eBay and Reverb or forums like these, and even many people listing Facebook as references for sales. I have 0 knowledge about that sort of stuff and when I do try to look it up it's all so overwhelming to me, I don't know where to begin or if what I'm even looking at is the right place to start.

Is anyone willing to give me a crash course in how those sort of groups work and maybe a few groups to look into to get started?

2. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

3. JustinRhoads1980

JustinRhoads1980 SS.org Regular

I have not really heard bad things from Facebook group buying and trading. There are specialized groups for certain brands or even a certain year of brands.

For example I belong to a group the exclusively is Jackson USA guitars and I have seen groups that are dedicated to Jackson, but only from 1980-1986, hell some even take it to extremes such as to a serial number cap such as #1505 on certain Charvels. So really I would join a group that has a ton of brands, but if you are hooked to one brand stick to groups that won't waste your time and post stuff that you will usually like. That is how I feel with others groups, if it isn't a jackson or ESP than I can really care less (Rare exceptions of course)

Just my :2c: