Extreme Rightwing Christian Terrorists attack Norway

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Northern, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    That's weird. I wonder if this is someone who was already a member and who wanted to weigh in on this subject again under a different name. I mean, what are the odds that a cut-and-paste crazy (and I've commented on how scary that kind of person is to me, given how so many nutjobs give in to that style before going off on innocent people) would choose a forum mostly focused on metal and 7- and 8-string guitars to make a stand?

Reported, even though banned, so that the mods can look into that possibility.

2. Miek

Miek POSTING ON INTERNET

I have no clue what just happened.

3. Ryan-ZenGtr-

Ryan-ZenGtr- SS.org Regular

I'm getting worried about some of you people...

The thread has a title.

Discussion of other topics not necessary.

Cut & Paste is not posters own view by default.

*sigh*

The quote is relevant to the threads title. It appears in many places elsewhere on the internet.

The quote, if genuine, appears to shed light on the context this killer used religious terminology. Who cares?

Bits of the copy&paste provided by thatsanegative are all over the internet. This looks like the most complete text a 2 second google search can find.

I took a random line (not an obvious one) copy and pasted into startpage.com and found it in MANY places. It' no big deal, really.

Here is a link to the World Daily News website which also has this story verbatim:
    Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian'

I think some people here are losing a grip on reality, especially condemning someone for copy&pasting a relevant INTERVIEW with the subject of the discussion and with such scorn.

???

The copy&paste had more relevance to the topic than your original recounting of atrocities and likening of human culture to animalistic levels, both of which are unpleasant to contemplate.

Can you imagine the consequences of convincing man he is an animal and nothing more? From that starting point a moral society would be impossible. People have tried it before...

Enough of that. :nono:

Sorry I dropped by to see what was happening in here... It's a train wreck. Reactionaries stifling the debate and learning opportunities.

@vampiregenocide; I enjoyed reading your posts.

:wavey:

4. Ryan-ZenGtr-

My take on the whole thing is it's a gross, sadistic publicity stunt to draw attention to the killer's political ideology, which is available in many formats with the movie soon to follow... No doubt.

I would suggest you learn more about the "Anglo-Saxon Mission" to discover more. Essentially a modern crusade to ensure European global supremacy, carried out by various clandestine groups. The church figures in this agenda in its' traditional role as the "opiate of the masses", hence speculation regarding it's role in the ideology, much to the shock of the faithful.

These are the conclusions I would draw from the copy&paste, but I will discern at a later date when there is more information.

No doubt he believed in this, too:
    Theosophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He clearly wasn't too bright, after all, who is going to be concerned with the thoughts of an abomination??? :(

5. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    I have no problem with people posting intelligent points. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that the killer's manifesto had a lot of copy-and-paste, which I always find scary.

Regarding whether humans are animals or not... I take it you're arguing that there is an objective or higher morality... although empirically that morality is easily set aside in practice, thus making it not really higher or objective at all? I don't know if you're just posting a drive-by assertion, or if you intend to actually make that point.

I'm assuming that you feel that countries which are not religious in the same way as the United States, and which don't rely on religious views as the basis for how people behave, are likely to have more violent crime per capita than the United States. Even by that rubric, your horror at people basing their behavior on other criteria seems to be unfounded.

I'm happy to discuss this... but I suspect that the facts will not be on your side.

6. chronocide

chronocide Total Grind Hell

Well we are just animals. And our moral basis can be observed in nature. In near enough any and all species. Most are more moral in terms of how the treat other species and the environment, of course...

Not half as stifling as strict adherence to this attitude would have it:

Conversation moves, takes in different things and that's a good thing, it's how we learn, no?

And copy/paste walls of text with no opinion nor remark attached are irritating, how often they can be found on the internet has little relevance.

7. Ryan-ZenGtr-

@Explorer From your text it was clear you were referring to thatsanegative copy&pasting a widely available public domain text. But, as I haven't read the manifesto, I'm not aware of his writing habits.

Sorry Explorer, I cannot agree with science's assertion through observing animals that man's actions through it's leaders form the truth of human nature. I disregard all such argument on moral grounds, although I do find it interesting to some extent.

The point of leaders is that their moral compass differs from the average. It is the very reason they are "revered" or reviled.

For instance, James Murdoch's claims in a recent speech that "independence can only be ensured by profit." In light of recent revelations it is clear his moral compass differs from the average. There's a thread for further comment on that, it is just an example.

Citizens are free to choose their morality, within the boundaries of law. History's atrocities have always been forced upon the people or select groups amongst them. So, I would suggest, anthropologists would do better to view humanity from a perspective other than nations, which are changeable, to determine the pattern of human moral development. Perhaps art, music or creativity would be behaviours more interesting, although they fall out of the realms of non-human's abilities.

Plato -
    - One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Why not enjoy some more of his quotes?
    Plato - Memorable Quotes and quotations from

Why not take some time to review the Phone Hacking Thread? I've placed some new mainstream British television documentary links there, which go some way to explaining the nature of politics and leaders over the last 30-40 years. But we all thought it was like that anyway... Right? :rofl:

Anyway, in terms of the topic, this killer felt absolved of morality because it served his cause. According to the interview, copy&pasted above and freely available online, he placed himself into a period of programming to desensitise himself for his mission. This is not a new technique.

Too be honest, I give up with this. I find this whole configuration to be distasteful. I don't want to spend my time on these topics. Proving people who appear to be significant to the heirarchy of this planet are incompetent is too easy... Thus I disagree with concepts based on their failings to describe the content of man.

Thanks again for the cerebral excercise.:wavey: I'm very much done with insight into the minds of the deluded. I hope someone gains something from it.

Explorer; Why have you made me defend your sovereign rights as a human being? :nono:

As a Darwinist etc. you have already sacrificed the physical to millenia, at least have some respect for your own consciousness. Believe what you like, but no monkey can argue like you can! :D

Driving by now.....

8. Ryan-ZenGtr-

@chronocide

What I was inferring for the not reading between the lines people is that many nefarious entities have tried to control people. Telling them they are worthless monkeys, however you wrap it up, is not good for their self esteem. Think about it a minute.

I'm not debating Darwin or evolution. Just talking about why a killer would treat people as worthless to draw attention to himself. See?

*sigh*

Post appeared just after I was finished typing my sensible answer. Couldn't resist clarifying. Science may be right, but if it turns people into angst ridden emotional cripples on a global scale..... This monkey thing is 200 year old. Get over it!

Edit:

"Most are more moral in terms of how the treat other species and the environment, of course..." you judge yourself on those terms?

Debate - I'm aware of the definition.

"this attitude" - what attitude? Make new thread for new topic if worthy, this looks worthy, call it "Evolution of consciousness: debate". I'll get some awesome links for you there. :D It's a more positive place to start as well, rather than aggrandising a murderer.

Reactionaries - in reference to the abuse received by thatsanegative

Basically, why are we talking about the truth of humanity in a murderers thread??? FFS. Despicable.

9. chronocide

Impressively condescending. Saying people is animals is not saying they are worthless monkeys. It's saying we are animals and many of our behaviours can be observed in them and apply in the same fashion, including what might be called morality.

Neither was anyone else that I recall.

What turns people into angst-ridden, emotional cripples? Knowing that they are in fact only different from other animals via their evolved intelligence and opposable thumbs? Oh well. Tough shit.

We're not monkeys. Never were. This science thing is older than that, but we shouldn't get over it.

EDIT: To answer your edit -

Yes. In condemnatory fashion.

Jolly good.

People were debating the evolution of consciousness? Nobody was aggrandising a murderer.

I was aware of who you were calling reactionaries, yes.

Why is it despicable? Everyone is in agreement the guy was a cunt. Better a starting point for some potentially interesting conversation than 14 pages wallowing in misery.

10. Waelstrum

Waelstrum All Fourths Advocate

You disregard the evidence because you don't like the result? I originally typed a quite condescending post, but deleted it, as it would offend and I wouldn't get an answer. I genuinely want to know why you think that this is an appropriate way of seeing the world?

11. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

Everyone here needs to take a chill pill in their left hand, a slice of humble pie in their right hand, crush the chill pill over the humble pie and consume in a relaxed fashion.

Claims of "but I'm already calm" have already been anticipated.

Absolutism is ridiculous, humans are monkeys and Breivik is a douche.

[/thread]

12. chronocide

Apes ;)

13. daemon barbeque

daemon barbeque Banned

I don't understand why stating that the Humans are also animal should degrade them. Monkeys are not useless anyway.
    I am a Vet, I work all the time with animals, and we are soooooooooooooo similar, and I am not talking about the DNA or compatibility of organs. I am talking about behaviour. Separating Humans from Animals would be what an Ape do. They do the same on daylie basis. Separating their tribes from others, and acting high and mighty ;)

14. Wingchunwarrior

Wingchunwarrior OVER THE LINE!

15. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

16. Dores

Dores SS.org Regular

I am so sick of foreign media not putting enough emphasis on the fact that even though his sentence is 21 years, he WILL NEVER BE RELEASED. EVER. The will be able to increase his sentence after it has ended if he is still considered a threat to society, and he has several times stated that he would repeat his actions if released. Upon receiving the sentence, he even apologized for not killing more people.

He will never be released.

17. Bigfan

Bigfan sixstringer

Yup. 'Forvaring' simply means his sentence can be increased by five years indefinitely.

A lot of people, even in Norway, don't understand this, apparently :lol: