EVH 5150 and Joyo Pxl Live MIDI switching help

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Darcy_ShorebreakAUS, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Darcy_ShorebreakAUS

Darcy_ShorebreakAUS SS.org Regular

Hey guys, first post on here so thank you in advance for welcoming me.

I'm trying to program amp switching on my EVH 5150 iii via midi with my Joyo Pxl Live Looper although I am having some trouble.
    Say I'm on bank 4, and I want patch 4A to switch to green, 4B blue and 4C switch to red channel. I enter MIDI learning mode and select the channels corresponding to each patch, all the lights illuminate to say it has learnt it, however when I go pack to the previous patch to check it's learnt it, the channel is stuck on whichever channel was corresponding to the patch i just configured.

For example.
    I've set 4B to MIDI switch to blue channel, then hit 4C on the Joyo and press (red) channel 3. I go back to 4B to check and it says it's corresponding amp channel is red, change it back to blue then go back to 4C, now it's corresponding amp channel is blue when i configured it to be red. The cycle continues.

This is really starting to frustrate me, so any help would be greatly appreciated! I can upload a video if this was a little hard to follow!

Thanks guys :)

2. davidian6811

davidian6811 SS.org Regular

Hi,

Did you manage to read the EVH manual which tells you how to first program the MIDI?

Ultimately you would want to set up the PXL midi first before even touching the channels on the EVH

PXL Live settings (only on the PXL) - example

Clean channel- pxl preset 1A - set midi channel 2 - PC - #01
    Crunch channel - pxl preset 2A - set midi channel 2 - PC - #02
    Lead channel - pxl preset 3A - set midi channel 2 - PC - #03

Once you set the PXL up, follow the EVH midi instructions to reset to default
    Connect the midi
    Click on Preset 1A while programming the clean channel, 2A when programming the crunch, 3A when programming the lead channel

Once you have done this one time, you can use the combo in any bank or preset just by setting the channel to 2 and set the corresponding #

3. Novyar36

Novyar36 SS.org Regular

Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue as you, Darcy_ShorebreakAUS, any chance you figured the problem out? It's a great little pedal switcher, but I'd love for it to be able to change my amp channels simultaneously.

And davidian6811, what do you mean by '#01 #02 and #03'? Is that the number setting you pick under A1? And I'm also curious what you mean by 'setting the channel to 2". Forgive my ignorance, this is my first jump into midi. Thanks!

4. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky SS.org Regular

That Joyo guy did a great video on the pxl
    Make sure to check that out because it is less than intuitive

5. spacetime7

spacetime7 SS.org Regular

Hey Guys
    Did anyone get this EVH 5150 III Mini head and JOYO PXL LIVE figured out?
    I've spent 2 days on this now and still can't figure it out!
    i've watched the videos and comments but nothing directly pertains with using
    the JOYO with an EVH MIDI head. i just need 4 channels to run: 1 clean 2 rhythm 3 lead
    and 4 clean again. Theres gotta be a way!
    Thanks!

6. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

Save the channel you want per patch using the head, read the manual. Hold in the two buttons on the head for like 5 seconds till they blink. Choose Green/Blue/Red. Hold the buttons in again I think. It's been a while since I had the head but its simple.