Ever hear a back track that gets you into playing guitar again?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by lewstherin006, Dec 26, 2017.

1. lewstherin006

lewstherin006 SS.org Regular

My band of 3 years broke up recently and I havent had much interest in playing guitar at all. But once I heard this track it had such a fun vibe to it, it actually made me have fun playing guitar again. It is pretty challenging as it doesnt really have a key and has a lot of changes in it. It brought me back to playing jazz in college! I also didnt feel like sweeping and shredding all over the place since that is what most people do for these types of things. I just went for more phrasing and grooves.

takotakumi likes this.
  2. pettymusic

pettymusic SS.org Regular

Sounds great man! Glad you found some inspiration. That’s something I’ve been trying to work on lately, phrasing and telling a story with my notes. I recently purchased Aaron Marshall master course from jamplay.com where he covers that topic. I’m looking forward to digging into however, I’ve had a grand total 15 minutes to view it. Which is just enough time to get through the introduction, lol! Being a father of 3, full time job, building our forever house (1st time doing that). Lately, I’ve really been missing writing, recording and learning.

My dream is to do an album of just my ideas and instrumental guitar music. It’s been my dream since I first heard Passion and Warfare - Steve Vai when it was released (showing my age there) another was Surfing with the Alien by Satriani. I’ve always been in bands it seems and never had time to do my own thing. Now that I’m doing the band thing and once our house is done, I’m hoping I can get crackin’ on a solo record.

Anyway, sorry for rambling all over your thread. Hope you continue to find inspiration!

lewstherin006 likes this.