Eventide space reverb pedal

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by metalguy_hk, Jul 17, 2012.

1. metalguy_hk

metalguy_hk SS.org Regular

Guys, I am looking for a reverb pedal for my pedal board and I am thinking to purchase the Eventide pedal. Is anyone actually own this pedal pedal and could share your comments pls? I have watched demonstration and it sounds really great, but it cost like usd 499 exclude shipping cost to Asian country, so I would like to get more comments of this pedal before purchase it, thanks!

2. signalgrey

signalgrey Ambiente Savante

its an amazing pedal. Have you considered the Cathedral Reverb from EHX? might be a cheaper option if you arent dead set on the Eventide.

3. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Have you looked at the TC electronics offerings as well? Or Strymon?

4. celticelk

celticelk Enflamed with prayer

If your sound revolves around heavy reverb washes and soundscaping, the Space is probably a great choice. If you just need a little reverb to dimensionalize your sound, or some simple reverb tricks as effects, it's massive overkill, and eats up a huge chunk of your pedalboard real estate and your budget. I've had pretty good luck with my EHX Cathedral for simple reverbs and the occasional reverse reverb for washes, and it's less than half the price of the Space; there are other good budget options as well. The Strymon pedals review really well, but are pretty expensive for what they do, so I wouldn't recommend them unless you're a tone freak or your sound relies heavily on reverb.

5. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

^^

The Strymon Blue sky is one hell of a reverb pedal on that note :lol:. It can do subtle and extreme overkill both very well.

6. Sephael

Sephael Divine Paradøx Contributor

^probably my favorite pedal in terms of sheer beauty of its, might not be the best option in terms of getting the most for your money.

7. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

Yeah, 9 types of reverb is never enough.. :lol: (eventides do have a sick amount of options comparatively I guess). If I need anything wilder I generally use post processing and layering tricks.

Strymon pedals have a nice feature in they can handle line level loads, aka you can reamp a track through them. I like to do this, setting the thing to 100% wet so I get an effect only track. No Clip LED though, so you have to monitor them to get the level right, not that I have ever had one clip.

8. Sephael

Sephael Divine Paradøx Contributor

Not saying the blueSky wouldn't be the last reverb you'd need and well worth every cent, but for $100 less, the Source Audio Soundblox 2 Dimension Reverb sounds pretty great and it has 12 reverbs, including the Metal Box which from what I've heard sounds pretty nice.

9. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

Space can give delay and/or modulation and/or reverb, too. Plus MIDI control. I want one.

10. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

The space is allot of reverb . if you are a heavy user then its worth it. but you'd need to be a pretty heavy user .I've tinkered with one is a shop and it has some great sounds

I use allot of delay ,and like to have delay patches per song so I got a strymon timeline and one of the best pedals I've ever bought and many people find the timeline too much

11. TheProgWay

TheProgWay SS.org Regular

Its good, the eventides are fun. I used to own the 3 eventides, they can be a lot of fun to mess around with. But unless you play songs that heavily rely on FX, they're overkill man. Even the space itself.. you're better off getting a WET reverb or a blue sky, unless you really incorporate a lot of ambience, fx, and reverbs in your songs.

12. ShadowFactoryX

ShadowFactoryX OMNIHILITY

strymon is a great choice in that realm thats very flexible
    the eventide is still a great pedal, but a bunch pricey compared to others

if you're looking to save some serious cash though:
    -Muza M-Ambience FD900, 11 Types of Reverb with 9 Different Delays? All around $100? Still remains my favorite pedal ever
    -Biyang Tri-Verb. 3 modes with two variences for each, stereo in and outs, can usually score it around $70.
    -Mooer Shimverb, i recently just got this. Cant find a pedal that takes up less space, 3 modes, $88

Though all in all if you want superb quality, hit up the strymon

13. veshly

veshly SS.org Regular

I love the space reverb pedal, wish I had the money to get one.

14. OfArtAndArsenal

OfArtAndArsenal SS.org Regular

Its not as extravagant as the strymon or eventide, but I really like my line 6 Verbzilla. It has a great shimmer effect, and the Cave setting is absolutely huge.
    Also much cheaper.

15. Rock4ever

Rock4ever SS.org Regular

Neunaber Wet Reverb seems pretty popular with the folks at TGP. I've never used one though.

16. Trespass

Trespass AEADGBEA

I've got the TC Electronic Nova Reverb and I pair it with the Flashback Delay. Nova Reverb sounds great, stereo ins/outs and can handle line level loads for stereo re-amping.