Euro 2012

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by scherzo1928, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Ayo7e

Ayo7e ralugeR gro.ss

AWW YEAH :fawk:

2. -JeKo-

-JeKo- SS.org Regular

You guys must be having a huge party! Hope you'll do worse in a couple of years ;)

3. scherzo1928

scherzo1928 has wood for you

The 2 first goals were absolute works of art if you watch them from start to finish... Boring football MY ASS

:scratch: wtf you talking about

4. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Well when players are tired to death cuz of the lack of rest, and after 15 minutes you see cramps everywhere,that's the only possible end :lol:

imho there were 2 huge mistakes made by defense:wallbash: not a great match,when thiago motta fucked his leg all became awful...I imagine a great final match as a very balanced one,with actions from both teams..I'm not trying to find excuses to defeat,we totally deserved,they were way stronger than us,but after seeing everyone with cramps after just the first half I really wondered what could have been if the condition were similar to the one seen against germany...:agreed: all imho of course

5. Rex

Rex SS.org Regular

yeaaah :bowdown:

6. ilyti

ilyti Lazy Ryebread Viking

I don't have ADD so I wasn't bored at all by Spain this tournament, even when they were "just" playing their trademark passing game. What we saw today in the first half was the tried and true Spanish play taken into overdrive. Must hand it to the Italians not only for ridding us of the Germans (no small feat), but for actually forcing Spain to play this aggressively, something no other team could do. Didn't quite work to their favour though. Overall the most exciting finale since... well I was gonna say Brazil-Italy in the 1994 WC but I'm not too sure.

First successful defense of the Euro title.
    Highest score in a Euro finale.
    First player to score in two consecutive Euro finales (Torres).
    First coach to take both Euro and World titles.
    any other records I missed?

Football history!

7. AgentOrange

AgentOrange SS.org Regular

Wow ... I was pretty much shocked at how Italy were playing during the final , didn't expect Spain to take it home that easily. Either way good game , regardless of how much i hate them Spanish players i must say they deserved it.

8. AgentOrange

AgentOrange SS.org Regular

Was pretty surprised that he did come out , looks like he went in to cry and came back out. I mean cmon you don't wanna ruin your tough guy rep now do you ?

9. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

I guess the whole tournament should have been developed during a longer period....you just can't play a match every 2 days,that's the same reason why germany was defeated by us so easily...it quite disappointing,when you are going to play a finale against the world strongest team your physical condition MUST be excellent,It's awful to be totally destroyed after the first half

10. scherzo1928

2 things to mention. I thought Germany would own Italy, just because the Germans had 2 more days of rest, and the Italians played over time... I was wrong :rofl:

Same thing again, Spain played overtime on the semifinal, and most of them had already played over 60 games this season, which is a metric fuckton.

Also, that first goal was before there were any injuries.

Edit: I forgot to say (although I said it in page 1 or 2) I was VERY pleasantly surprised by Italy. I almoast want to go over there and give their coach one big hug for making them play so well. Kudos to them.

11. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

still,I'm sure italy could have played a decent match against spain if they had at least 1 more day of rest...not saying they could win,but at least play equally....it was a mistake to let chiellini play,he had just ricovered from an injury and you could see how slow it was during the first goal episode:wallbash: i mean,not even a second division player behaves like that in sucha situation,he had obviously problems.

Also,the problem were not injuries per se,but the fact that,eventually,spanish players can handle fatigue WAY better than italian ones...and that's one of their strong points,they can run forever...germany killed italian legs,that was a very tiring match,so they started totally destroyed...I'd still love to see a spain vs italy match with fresh players,I'm sure it would end 1 - 0,or 2-1,but not 4-0,imho spain,during the whole competition,wasn't 4 times stronger than this italy (which,imho,played better- and against better competitors- than the world cup tournament won some years ago).

Also,i seriously wonder how would have ended a italy vs portugal match:scratch:

that said,congrats to Spain,seriously the best national team seen lately!

12. scherzo1928

:rofl:

13. -JeKo-

-JeKo- SS.org Regular

I used to have a Nintendo (8-bit) and the soccer game 'World Cup'. Spain used to always drive me crazy as they were playing the same trademark passing game already then :)

14. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

I hoped Italy will show something more, still Spain deserved the win! good goals :)

15. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

I had £50 on Spain to win it from the start of the tournament. Got them at 11/4 and a return of £187.50. Also had winning bets on them at Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010. Great side. Xavi and Iniesta are Gods. :bowdown:

16. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

this is great.Respect fot the rival,I didn't know such a thing still existed in football.Great player but great man above all.

17. Murmel

Murmel Fapping to J-rock

This sums up about 99% of all "injuries" in football :lol:

18. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Good on you Becks!

Every time Sergio Busquets goes down 'injured' they should get all the ball boys to run on the pitch and launch footballs at him until he gets sick of rolling around on the floor and back to what he's actually good at.

Replace 'Sergio Busquets' with your own least favourite playactor/diver for similar effect.

Also, bloody well done to Spain for a great display in the final. Glad to see that they didn't go through the whole tournament at walking pace.