ET Guitars Australia "WarMachine" upcoming production run

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by ET Guitars, Mar 19, 2015.

1. ET Guitars

ET Guitars Luthier Vendor

We are excited to announce our upcoming new model, and production run.

The "WarMachine" will be an option for the B#Machine purists, as well as providing a wide range of options to modernise the style to your taste. We’ve loved the original B#Machine and many of the clones, and had lotsa requests to produce it also.

The WarMachine will have the following options available;

- Available in 6,7,8 string, with 3 headstock options.
    - Exotic timbers available in body and neck construction, with many options for droptops, fretboards and laminates.
    - Finishes available in Natural oiled, to Transparents and Bursts, Painted Opaque, Ceruse, Metallics, Neons, even Swirls!
    - Hardware - Hipshot, ABM, and others.
    - Pickups - Bare Knuckle, Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan, and others.
    - Multiscale options with 3 of the most common fanned scale formats.
    - Chambered option for droptop constructions.

Orders will commence around Easter 2015, with a limited first run of 10-12 WarMachines over a 4 month build run, commencing during May.

Price will start at AU$1800 for generic 6 string model. We will send those interested a detailed Quote Form that includes all options and prices, so you can estimate the price of your Spec.

Offers will be put forward in upcoming ET Guitars Newsletter, and we also ask all those interested to come join a Facebook Group for discussion.

Assisting in the guitar design and development, and being our Run Co-Ordinator, I would like to warmly welcome Mustafa Ilker into the ET Guitars team. Mustafa is an immensely talented designer, and always the gentleman. He has been the powerhouse behind the WarMachine development, generated these cool mockups, and the concept for the chambering system option. Its really a pleasure to be working with him. Most importantly though, I trust Mustafa will kick our arses into the carpark if deadlines start getting tight, or if there is ever a discussion about quality.

Please direct all questions and Facebook Group invite requests to Mustafa, either PM to member “milker97” , or email to milker97@gmail.com . This will keep me away from the computer and in the factory where I should be. Mustafa will check with us if there are any unusual spec questions, but most enquiries will be easily handled by him.

The mockups below show some possibilities with the WarMachine options, based on a 7 string multiscale template. The pics use images from stock that are currently available in the first production run. Our prototype in manufacture is a standard 6 string with a beautiful Quilted Maple top and dyed finish, more soon.

Cheers,
    Ernie Taylor
    ET Guitars Australia

Buckeye Burl, with Palemoon Ebony fretboard
    [​IMG]

Ziricote, with PaleMoon Ebony fretboard
    [​IMG]

Goncalo Alves, with Zebrawood fretboard
    [​IMG]

Bocote, with PaleMoon Ebony fretboard
    [​IMG]

Ziricote, with Zebrawood fretboard
    [​IMG]

Bocote, with Ziricote fretboard
    [​IMG]

milker97 likes this.
  2. patsanger

patsanger SS.org Regular

I have to say this is an interesting run. The headstocks look like interesting variants of the Skerveson and Blackwater ones - are both available for this run?

Are you going with the BlackMachine and Hypemachine thin bodies like this looks like? I'm getting used to the light and thin aspect of these guitars and I'm always looking for a new luthier!

Thanks!
    Pat

3. milker97

milker97 SS.org Regular

Hi Pat, All three headstocks are available for this run. All of the tops and fingerboards you see in the mockups (and much more) are already in stock. The body thickness is 35 mm in total. I hope this helps.

Please send me an e-mail for all other options and pricing. You can find some of Ernie's previous work on his facebook page as well.

Thanks

4. whosdealin

whosdealin SS.org Regular

About how much would shipping be to United States (New York) ?

5. milker97

milker97 SS.org Regular

Hi, thanks for your interest.
    The postage will be around 200 AUD (around 150 USD with todays rate) to USA.

Thanks

6. Axewield31

Axewield31 SS.org Regular

Couple of questions, I may not have the cash to get on this run. Are you going to be doing a second one in the future? If so, do you have an approximate time frame?
    And how much is the upcharge for multiscale over a standard scale on a 6 string?

7. ET Guitars

ET Guitars Luthier Vendor

Hey Axe,

Depending on the popularity of the WarMachine, we will decide if/when the second run happens. Assuming positive, we will likely offer run spots starting in late Aug/early Sep, with another 4 month run build timeframe.

Feel free to join the FB discussion group, where a lot of these questions are covered, as well as the payment plan details. The initial deposit to confirm the run is AU$300, with the rest of the payments over the 4 months. We can also send you the QuoteForm that automatically estimates a ballpark price for your spec. Just send Mustafa a PM or email, as per details in Orig Post, he would be happy to assist with all these requests. Cheers,

8. milker97

milker97 SS.org Regular

Hi, I'm pretty sure there will be some more runs. But nothing planned yet. Ernie's build quality is outstanding and his prices are very reasonable. For this run, the payment option is great. 300 deposit +4 equal payments paid every month.
    Upcharge for a standard multiscale (24.75-26, 25.5-27)is 300 AUD. Any other custom scale is also available for 550 AUD.

Oops i think we responded at the same time Ernie :)

9. milker97

milker97 SS.org Regular

MOD EDIT: Leave the troll hunting to us. :)

Also, as a member of "the ET Guitars team" you'll need to update your forum signature to reflect your affiliation. Thank you.

10. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Okay guys, next jackwagon who trolls is getting a big nap. Are BM-copies new? No. Is bitching about it new? No. Move on. :yesway:

11. milker97

milker97 SS.org Regular

All done, Thank you!

12. SilentCartographer

SilentCartographer Creator as Observer

I'm thoroughly intrigued, I wanted to do a Hypemachine but was waiting until there was a natural finish run or atleast as an option. Emailed for a form anyway!

13. Jlang

Jlang I am Megatron

Intriguing.

14. milker97

milker97 SS.org Regular

All,
    I would like to share some of the tops we have in stock which are available for this run.
    Ernie is busy with the prototype, first pictures are coming up next week.

Please do not hesitate to join the facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/668282403297404/

Thanks

Poplar
    [​IMG]

Buckeye
    [​IMG]

Ziricote
    [​IMG]

Bocote
    [​IMG]

Ebony
    [​IMG]

Goncale Alves
    [​IMG]

Quilted Maple
    [​IMG]

Spalted Maple
    [​IMG]

Walnut
    [​IMG]

15. ice_age_magic

ice_age_magic That's what she said

Poor guys who didn't make it into an Ormsby run...

I would say it is a great design, but it looks like a Chinese blackmachine headstock.

16. milker97

milker97 SS.org Regular

Hi, Thanks for your comments. Which headstock yu're referring to i'd like check (change) if it really looks like a chinese copy.

17. SilentCartographer

SilentCartographer Creator as Observer

I declined the Ormsby run because I want a natural finish. Those woods look great! I didnt recieve any email back for a quote form, if possible can you email me one to daltonroussy@gmail.com I will try the FB link again later when home from work, thanks!

18. milker97

milker97 SS.org Regular

Hi, im sorry for the confusion, i received plenty of e-mails and i thought yours was one of them. I didnt get any e-mail from the e-mail address above. Anyways i've send the form to you now. The form is also available directly from facebook group.

Thanks

19. EarlWellington

EarlWellington SS.org Regular

Got my deposit down for this run

20. in-pursuit

in-pursuit SS.org Regular

Hi guys I was interested in this run and although I know the particular build I'm using as a reference point is at a considerably higher price point, I just wanted to check and see how many of the following options will be available on the upcoming "Warmachine" run.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]