ESP USA M-iii vs Jackson USA SL1

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Rykilla, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Rykilla

Rykilla SS.org Regular

Hi SevenString!

I have tried ESP E-ii standard horizon, and Jackson USA SL1, but my local shop does not have ESP USA. Shame to me, I used to think that ESP is made by Japanese only, and only recently I come to realize that there is ESP USA, which seems to be some really quality guitars.

The price range of both guitars is pretty close to my budget, and it seems that the only noticeable difference is the neck construction, with ESP USA M-iii (bolt-on) and Jackson USA SL1 (neck-thru).

I prefer a wide range of music, so the versatility of both guitars matches my needs. I have played guitars for some years, and I used to play on some budget guitars. This time, I made some money on my own, not my parents' money, and I want to purchase a guitar of my own, so I am pretty meticulous in the selection.

I hugely appreciate any thoughts and share of experience on both guitars (ESP USA M-iii & Jackson USA Select SL1).

2. GuitarFactoryDylan

GuitarFactoryDylan SS.org Regular

Haven't played the M-III, but I have seen them up close in person and I have played the Horizon-II model - the quality is top notch, every bit as good as a Japanese custom shop. That being said, the Jackson USA quality is amazing too - and I'm sure a little bit easier on the wallet too. In terms of the neck differences, that's really got to come down to personal taste. I don't think one is better than the other, it's just a tonal difference.

3. maliciousteve

maliciousteve Lord Green Fingers Contributor

For versatility I'd say the ESP. Although you could get similar sounds out of both the ESP and Jackson, the ESP aesthetically just looks like a guitar that would fit within most musical settings.

The Jackson just looks like an all out shred demon. USA Jacksons are fantastic and nothing quite feels the same (probably my favourite guitars) but they are what they are.

If you don't care about how a guitar looks then f**k it, Jackson is what I'd choose.