ESP LTD MH-400 NT

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by degge, Sep 9, 2011.

1. degge

degge SS.org Regular

I believe this guitar is discontinued, I got mine for €400 from my brother June last year.

Features
    Comes with a 3-way switch, volume and tone knob. I'm not sure if it ships with any other pickups than EMG 81/85 but you can get the Floyd Rose version of it. I don't have that, though.

-Mahogany body
    -25.5" scale
    -See-through black finish
    -Earvana nut
    -Tune-o-matic bridge
    -Grover tuners
    -3-piece maple neck
    -Quilted maple top
    -Rosewood fingerboard
    -Made in Korea

Sound
    It's a lovable guitar for sure. It has great tone and provides a generally great experience when playing it. The EMGs are very heavy and provide excellent distortion (I currently have my gain on 4!) and great cleans.

Action, Fit & Finish
    There are varieties, mine came with a natural wood binding. I'd much rather have the white binding but it's something very trivial for a great guitar like this.
    It features a see-through black finish that actually sometimes turns blue/purple/green depending on light given, I absolutely love this!
    As mentioned, I got it secondhand and I can't comment on factory setting.

Reliability
    I don't know how many times I've hit this guitar hard into my desk but there hasn't been a single scratch. It's a very wellbuilt guitar.

Overall Rating
    Getting it for €400 was a pure steal! It's undoubtedly one of the best guitars I have ever played on. Don't hesitate buying this beast!

It's just a bloody shame it comes with active pickups.

2. Force

Force Jackson Addict

Dude, EMG actives 4eva ;)

I have the tremolo, dark green. If I take notice of the body binding it does bug me a bit but the neck binding in silver is sweet.

It is an awesome guitar.s

3. Espguy

Espguy SS.org Regular

Im getting one of these in a couple days, however, I may swap out the floyd with a real deal floyd. I will probably leave these emgs in it, even though I usually swap them out for passives.We shall see.

4. feraledge

feraledge Black Walnut Pounding Bragger Contributor

This isn't discontinued, ESP just shifts the model numbers: The ESP Guitar Company | 2012 USA Website

I've owned two MH 400 NTs and an MH 401 NT and they are amazing guitars. The 2 400s were both Korean models and were amazing, especially with that natural wood binding. I sold them to trade up, but they're a hands down solid guitar that you can rely on.