ESP LTD H-308 Demo

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by Zamm Bell, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Zamm Bell

Zamm Bell My name is Sam Bell

:)

2. sevenstringj

sevenstringj Banned

I scrolled down thinking there was a second video, until I realized it was an ss.org ad...

[​IMG]

LOLWTF!? :lol:

Anyway, that was a great demo. Wish his H-208 demo were as good.

Interesting, seems he installed a string tree. :yesway:

3. stuglue

stuglue SS.org Regular

I also posted this link and the one to the 208 review in the ESP neck thread

Zamm Bell likes this.
  4. halogen8

halogen8 SS.org Regular

Great video and playing! I really dig the sound you are getting from it going through that Engl. This is exactly the type of sound I'm trying to get out of my H308.

I'm using a Pod HD 500 and finally starting to dial in a tone I like on it. I use mostly the "Treadplate" amp which is a Mesa Boogie sim, but I believe the Angel amp is modeled after an Engl so I'll have to play around with that one some more to see if I can get a tone closer to what you are getting.

One question for you Sam - what is the black band you have going over the neck just behind the nut? Is that something you use to mute the strings? I've seen this done before but could never figure out what it's used for.

5. Philligan

Philligan The White-Knuckler Contributor

I think this is the first 8 string demo I've seen by a company/music store that's not just classic rock/nu metal riffs an octave lower. I like it :yesway: great playing, too.

Zamm Bell likes this.
  6. Zamm Bell

Zamm Bell My name is Sam Bell

Hey man! Sorry for the late reply, its used to cancel out any ringing behind the nut, as the strings go so low in pitch the body shakes more, you get a little ringing out when you're doing stop start stuff, which especially shows up when recording, and can be annoying. It doesn't mute the strings at all, it doesn't effect any open strings ringing out.

I think there is a better, more scientific explanation for why the ringing happens, but there are a lot of guitarists who do it!

Hope this helps dude :)

7. bouVIP

bouVIP SS.org Regular

God watching this makes me want 1 so bad! Might have to get this instead of another 6 string