Eric Johnson/bonnamossa/Eric gales type runs?

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by justreleased09, Jul 17, 2012.

1. justreleased09

justreleased09 New Member

I hear all three of these guys playing really fluid, fast lines that sound incredible. I would love to incorporate these types of runs into my playing, but I cannot figure out what they are doing. I would assume it would be pent atomic based, but it doesnt sound bluesy. Anyone know what I am talking about? What are these licks and How can I incorparate this into my playing?

2. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

What I would recommend doing is looking at tabs for their music and just learning their licks. Then try mixing some together and you should be able to get pretty close.

3. texshred777

texshred777 SS.org Regular

Yeah, go straight to the source and check out some of their sheet music/tab. Break it down. If I'm not mistaken most of Eric Johnson's runs are pentatonic based cycles or 4, 5, and 6 notes.

4. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy

Pent Atomic scales, when you are so awesome your can play 5 notes and make the giant explosions.

Pick out what the lick consists of, and then figure out what figure it belongs to. That is really the only way.