Epic Book is Epic

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by All_¥our_Bass, Oct 8, 2009.

1. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

So I've been reading this book lately. I didn't buy it and I didn't obtain it in the first place. My mom was at the library, and saw it.

She thought "That looks like a complicated book that I can't possibly understand but Nick will find fasinating."

So she checked it out (I get to keep it for a month) and I'm about 40% of the way through it.

It's very thorough, so if anyone 'round these parts wants a book on evolution, read this one.

Arminius likes this.
  2. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

Looks interesting.

3. liquidcow

liquidcow New Member

I'm reading Dawkin's latest one on evolution at the moment, and it's pretty good but obviously not as detailed as this one. Have you read his book The Ancestor's Tale? That one looks pretty epic....

4. All_¥our_Bass

I haven't read either of those, I'll look into them.
    Also awhile back I took out a big book about evolution in insects that I never even finished-it was just too much.

5. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

All_¥our_Bass likes this.
  6. All_¥our_Bass

hairychris likes this.
  7. DavyH

DavyH Elderly juvenile

I guess this post is all about the evolution of shoes, huh?

Thanks AYB for the heads up. Looks good (one of the authors is the spitting image of a colleague :)). I need to start a Cosmos appreciation thread - just finished watching it again and Sagan's explanations of everything are outstanding. Most impressive in the whole 'life on earth' part of the series is the actual original life form from primordial soup explanation followed by a 20 minute evolutionary primer.

Brilliant teacher.