Enslaved

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Doug N, Oct 12, 2017.

1. DLG

DLG not guthrie govan

what makes Enslaved great though is that unlike Opeth, they manage to keep the metal influences strong while combing the prog rock influences.

this new album is a monster. Get better with every spin when you start hearing all of the subtleties

chopeth likes this.
  2. Chiba666

Chiba666 SS.org Regular

Ive got the new album but ot had time to give it the dedicated, no distractions listen it deserves.

3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I listened to it. I liked it, but some of the songs are a bit repetitive and many of them are just focused around proggy bits instead of seeming like...songs. Like, tons of shining arpeggios in 5 with the accents alternating, and not much to the song beyond that. I remember really liking In Times, so I dunno if I agree with everyone saying it's a big improvement. I'll need to listen to both of them over again.

C_Henderson and KailM like this.
  4. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

^^^I sorta concur with you. It's a great album, but there really isn't anything that jumps out and make me say "this is better than In Times." (I liked that album too, but IMO Riitiir and Axioma are tied for Enslaved's best modern albums). I guess the 'prog' elements just aren't my thing/they don't add anything to the music. I wanna hear black metal Enslaved. With a modern twist.:)

chopeth likes this.
  5. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

I like Vikingligr Veldi, but can't say I've listened to a lot of their other stuff...

6. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Same as you, guys, for me it doesn't click so much as Riitiir and In times from the last gen Enslaved.