Energy Drinks.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Shawn, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars

Anybody here like them? I used to hate them and only drank coffee but a friend of mine got me hooked on Red Bulls as well as Rockstar and Monster. I've been liking them alot lately. :eek:

2. Zepp88

Zepp88 Arktanian Diplomat

They're tasty, but I definetly wouldn't use them to stay awake, I haven't had one in quite a while.

When I first started night shift I drank them every night, but I found that I just ended up crashing even harder :lol:

3. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

I like every one that I've ever tried and I LOOOOVE coffee too.

4. CrashRG

CrashRG I'm Back Bitches!

i tend to stay away from them because they tend to like me too much......i drink one and have to have another.

sleep deprived, drinking 5 redbull and a cup of coffee is a recipe for disaster. at least for me. i started hallucinating and shit. i imagine that it was similar to what addicts go through on a bad trip. shakes, random incoherent thoughts and outbursts. yeah......all that shit.

be careful man.

5. B Lopez

B Lopez Vescere bracis meis.

Don't like the stuff. Doesn't taste good, nor is it good for your body.

:thepope:

6. petereanima

petereanima Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

i like EVERY energy drink. and i love coffee. and coffee and red bull are free for me here at work. not good for my body, but i just can't stop. :mad:

7. COBHC

COBHC Belongs On 1 String

Bookoo , Lost and Red Bull/Red Rain

stopped drinkin em mostly , so much sugar

whenever i need a boost , 5 hour energy extra strength

8. loktide

loktide dotlike

Powerthirst!

...sorry, couldn't resist :D

9. muffgoat

muffgoat The Djentle Giant

I am a big diet Rockstar drinker. im a rockstar a good 3out of 5 days of work a week!!

10. blackout

blackout New Member

Haven't found one that beats the original Relentless yet, but I like all the other flavours as well as the mango/organge/whatever Rockstar, went off red bull years ago.

But yeah, they're not good for me, I like em a bit too much, but luckily i can't really afford relentless at the moment and don't often see Rockstar.

If you ever see that Red Bull Coke stuff, STAY AWAY!! Its one of the worst drinks i've ever tried. Had to throw most of it away.

11. petereanima

man, that was awfull, it almost made me puke.

12. Josh Lawson

Josh Lawson Banned

I like any diet energy drinks. Sugar is sticky and kinda nasty. I wish Energy drinks, sugar or diet were not as sweet as they are. The caffeine effects of coffee and energy drinks seem different to me.

13. petereanima

i'd say in 99% its not the caffeine, but the sugar which effects the energy boost.

14. Josh Lawson

Josh Lawson Banned

I disagree. The sugar free versions have the same "buzz" as the corn syrup sweetened counterparts. At least for me. To much sugar gets me nauseous and I really don't like it.

15. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

If you want a real kick, try Endorush, but just remember that one bottle is 4 servings.

16. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

I hear ya. I used to work at a Dunkin' Donuts. I was overcaffinated WAYY too often. But it was SOOO GOOOD.

WHERE CAN I GET THIS!?!? :bowdown:

17. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

GNC. If you like energy drinks, you'll love this one...

18. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

I'd like to place this in perspective though: I train most every day, Im in very good shape at 5'4" and 145lbs. I use Endo rush on the intense days, which is either sparring for several hours or several hours freerunning/gymnastics usually combined with regular classes (karate) in the evening.

Now, even having just the 1 serving, which is like 4 sips, I will have more than enough possible fuel for the multiple hours of cardio. Endorush is some serious stuff and I wouldnt recommend it as energy fuel for anything but EXERCISE, and intense exercise at that. Its also a major appetite suppressant for me personally, so I have to eat all my calories Im going to need for workout long before I drink Endorush or I'll feel a little sick.

Also my first few encounters with it had me taking it way more oxygen than normal, which was a little unsettling. If you just want a perk me up, go with the soda or Sobe Adrenaline Rush energy drinks, those taste wonderful.

(long winded, sorry, but if I can prevent people from feeling terrible on misused endorush then its worth it)

19. wes225

wes225 Banned

i liked them before i realised how unhealthy they are, one can of redbull increases your risk of heart attack or stroke by 15%. eek.

Shawn likes this.
  20. Josh Lawson

Josh Lawson Banned

I don't recommend angel dust or meth dissolved in mountain dew.