EMG to Fishman, wiring questions

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by scrgls, May 13, 2018.

1. scrgls

scrgls SS.org Regular

Hey guys, this is my first post on here but I figured I’d try because I can’t find any answers on google and cant find diagrams on what I want to do. I want to install a set of fluence pickups on my Ibanez RGIR27BE, it comes stock with EMG 707’s, 1 vol, 3-way pup selector, and a killswitch flip. I want to do away with the killswith functionality and make it so the flip is wired for the voice switch but on all the diagrams I see is the voice switch functionality being on the push-pull pots provided by fishman. It stands to reason that I CAN wire it to the flip since it’s just gonna need to be wired to what I assume is two separate lugs for the voice 1/2 function (I haven’t taken a look at the flip from the inside but I’ll provide pics later today of it). I’ve never wired fishmans before, just standard actives and passives. Attached is a picture of the guitar and what the config looks like

Attached Files:

2. Strobe

Strobe SS.org Regular

You can do it, pretty much just replacing the killswitch wire with the voice switch wire. The kill switch sends the signal to ground. All of the voice switching options on the fluence pickups are activated by connecting a specific pad/prong to ground as well. Assuming your 707's have quick connects, just replace the quick connects, attached the provided voice select cable to the pickup (quick connect on pickup side), then solder the other end of the wire exactly how the lead is soldered to the killswitch switch. That should do it. You do not need to use their push pull pots if you just want to do it this way.

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Yup, Strobe is spot on. The Fluence pickups can connect directly to the EMG wiring.

And by the looks of things, the existing killswitch is a DPDT switch, so all you gotta do is unwire the existing wires and follow the diagram Fishman give you.