FS EMG Alexi Laiho F-ALX pickup w/ ABQ eq/boost

Discussion in 'Gear For Sale / Trade/ Wanted' started by Metalman X, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Metalman X

Metalman X The Resplendent Sub-Human

Manchester, CT., United States Of Vinland
    Brief & Accurate Description of gear:
    EMG F-ALX passive pickup (f/trem spaced) with ABQ active EQ/boost. Has three DIP swithces which allow you to shift the resonant peak of the pickup yielding multiple voicings.... scooped, mid pushed, thick or tight lows, more cutting highs... it's all in their.

The boost is adjustable from unity gain upto +20db of gain boost. The pickup on it's own is more of a medium output, PAF kinda' deal. Kick in the boost for however much push you need.... slight bump, to friggin' mayhem!

This is a nice choice for people with a single channel amp, and have a hard time getting it to clean up with the volume knob alone. Set your lead/heavy with the boost up, pull the knob to instantly cut the output back to a mid-gain PAF. Pretty friggin' cool!

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABQ ONLY WORKS WITH PASSIVE EMG'S!!! It's not meant for actives, and while I haven't personally tried it, it's been stated in many places that the DIP switches will not effect non-EMG passives.

Modifications: N/A

Accessories:
    Comes with most of the extras. Everything you need for a basic install, plus a hub using with other EMG quick connect pickups

International OK? :
    Maybe? Shipping cost is on you though.

Contact Info:
    PM me here is best.

References:
    metalmonster069 on eBay. 100% positive feedback since I started in 2004

Price:
    F-ALX / ABQ set is $85.00 shipped, continental USA

NO TRADES! Unless you happen to have a Seymour Duncan AHB-2 Metal, maaaaybe an AHB-3b EMTY. If so, maybe we can work something out. ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  2. Ketzer

Ketzer Good news, everyone!

I don't have an AHB-2, but I do have a Livewire HMET Bridge, which is the predecessor, and only comes in the unchained mode, there's no way to tame it like the AHB-2 has.

Does that interest you at all? I just got an older Edwards Alexi and this would be a perfect upgrade.

Any idea how the pickup itself sounds compared to his previous pickup, the EMG H4?

Drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll snap some pics for ya!

3. Metalman X

Metalman X The Resplendent Sub-Human

Manchester, CT., United States Of Vinland
    I'm actually all set, but thank you... actually found an extra AHB-2 I forgot I had a few days ago, lol. (this is kinda' why I'm unloading a bunch of pickups... I've accumulated like twice as many as I even have guitars to put them in, and can't even remember what I have sometimes)

This pickup is still available though if your still in need. I also have a mint, barely used F-H2 bridge if you have need of one of those too.

I've always been kinda' curious about the original Livewires incarnation, but considering the several times I tried the AHB with the jumper on and not really digging it, not sure it'd be a good fit for me. The lowered output of the AHB-2 makes it so much more useful, and is still already hotter than anything else I've ever tried. But I do love the voicing of this pickup. Very underrated beast