EMG 707s to closed/housed Aftermath set

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by CassDarkwing, Jan 17, 2012.

1. CassDarkwing

CassDarkwing SS.org Regular

Hey, everyone. This has been bothering me for a long time. So I just bought this lovely Agile Interceptor 727 from rondomusic.com about a month and a half ago and am extremely happy with it.

Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Nat Satin at RondoMusic.com

However, I want to change the pups to a housed, matched set of Burnt Chrome Bare Knuckle Aftermaths. I wasn't sure on how to go about this change, I have someone that can do it for me, but only after I route out the proper pot on the guitar for the Aftermaths to set in. My friend that can do the pup switch says that it will not be a perfect fit, and some modifications will have to be done. I was wondering if anyone has done this switch before, and what kind of trouble they had to go through to do it/how much was done to their guitar. Thanks for your responses in advance. :)

Also, if you want to see my NGD thread for said guitar above (Agile Interceptor 727 Pro MN Nat Satin), here it is.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...d-agile-interceptor-pro-727-mn-nat-satin.html

2. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

You're going to have gaps around the pickups because the EMG soap-bars are longer than normal pickups. You can buy covers for regular pickups that are the same size as the EMG ones but there's no point in getting burnt chrome if you're gonna do that. Active to passive pickups rings should work for you.

3. CassDarkwing

Hmm, so just some good ole pickup rings then...Alrighty. What about the measurement diffs? Will the BKPs just fit right in the same hole with no work done to it, or will I need to do something to my guitar?

4. CassDarkwing

Sorry, I know you said the EMGs were longer but I'm just making sure about the rest of my guitar. You understand mango!