Elysian Guitars - The Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by ElysianGuitars, May 23, 2014.

1. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars Vendor

Hal's guitar is just like pulling teeth:

[​IMG]

The top on the V above:

[​IMG]

2. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting to the finish line with this one :hbang: This thing is absolutely insane, the playability just blows me away. I never thought I'd like such a wide fan with a perpendicular 12th, but this is just awesome. The setup is very much roughed in yet the action is already low enough for 95% of players and only has room to go lower as I dial it in. I'll give it a couple of days with string tension then work on it again. What a beast of a guitar to play.

Installed the new teeth in Hal's guitar, this time using a different kind of resin, the type that's meant to coat bar tops:

[​IMG]

The bubbles that show up were able to escape before the resin cured too much, it should come out plenty clear this time.

Got a couple of seafoam green projects, both came through at the same time which made it very convenient.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One is an AllParts B-stock Strat body that's getting a Warmoth neck, the other is an 87 RG550, was originally black and very beat up. Has a maple board. Will be amazing.

3. S-O

S-O t(-.-t)

Tell me more about this teeth guitar.

4. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars Vendor

I'm building a headless guitar for Hal Sinden of Talanas fame, and originally he had requested goat bone side dots, but when I spoke with him about Luminlay he decided that would be best for stage use, but wanted to still put some goat in the guitar somewhere. He asked if it was possible to put teeth in the guitar, so I routed a hole out for them, tried once but the resin I used clouded up terribly (and that's what's shown in the post above talking about how his guitar was like pulling teeth). I had to route them out (which smelled awful) and do it all over again, this is the most recent attempt. This resin seems to be working quite well.

5. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars Vendor

[​IMG]

Two more done. Joe will be picking these up Saturday.

6. Renkenstein

Renkenstein SS.org Regular

Glorious! A 6 and 7 for one client?!? Shazam!

7. chris9

chris9 SS.org Regular

Thanks for sorting guitar dilemma
    Thanks bro

8. mphsc

mphsc lover of fine woods

9. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars Vendor

I've dropped down to only building one guitar at a time for now (to clear out the queue, trying to keep focus and balance my other career w/ building), I just shipped Hal's headless 7. Bad pics:

http://i.imgur.com/tfTafaeh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/0QQLpeHh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/zUNMFRbh.jpg

Sorry if this post is against the rules, I know I'm not an active dealer anymore, but I'm also not taking on new orders besides pickups, so hopefully this is okay. Just wanted to update the situation, since Hal had so many problems with previous luthiers (including Roter).

I refunded Chris to make things right, as time was not on my side in finishing his project, and it had already gone on too long.

10. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Just so you know, Imgur no longer allows linking from SSO, or any site with a classified section.

11. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars Vendor

That's why I did standard links instead of img's :hbang: Hopefully those work.

edit: I see even those don't work, but copying and pasting the links into the address bar works :yesway: