Elysian Guitars - Sigma 7 String

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by JPMDan, Jun 17, 2006.

1. JPMDan

JPMDan IT'S OVER 9000!!!! Contributor

Features - 10

Alder wings, flame maple neckthru body with a flame maple top. Scalloped (12-24) Ebony fingerboard with 24 6100 frets. 1 X2N7 bridge pickup slanted with single volume knob. Heel starts around 23rd or 24th fret for full and easy access to all frets. Output jack was located on the inside fo the V rather than outside or on top. Bridge is Tune o matic string thru body as well on this guitar. neck profile is thick on the low side and it gets ibanez thin on the high strings.

Sound - 9.5

The X2N7 sound very incredible on this guitar it's nothing at all like it's 6 string version. The low B was alot more articulate than on the clip elysian had provided and sound very sweet. When played clean the pickup still retained the clean and articulate sound. At first I wanted to try it unplugged and usually you get a guitar that sounds like mesquito's or something close to that. This guitar was extremely balanced and very resonant, usually production guitars can't come this close to sounding this nice unplugged. I rate this a 9.5 due it's a single pickup, I'm more of a dual humbucker kind of person but still impressed with the sound of this guitar.

Action Fit & Finish - 10

the first thing I noticed was the scalloped 12-24 frets, I looked at them carefully for any signs bad craftsmanship and they all looked very professionally done. The fret job was consistent as the 6 string and looked very well done. I like how the edge of the fingerboard was cut instead of being squared, shows that Elysian wanted his guitars to stand out of the crowd. the finish was pretty similar to his 6 string but much birighter but not as bright as in pictures I've seen on the board, body was cut very evenly and consistent as well. The profile on the back of the neck felt great, first guitar I've felt that had a thick and a thin side but I still prefer a nice even even feel like on his 6 string. Strings felt a little floppy but thats because I'm so used to playing on 11-70's on my RG7620.

Reliability/Durability - 10

I feel the same way about this guitar as I did with his 6 string guitar.

Overall - 10

If your a 1 sound kind of person and love a scallop board this guitar is definitely for you. This is another great guitar for metal playing but we all know Elysian can build a guitar for other styles of music. I can't really complain about anything on this guitar except for the versatility but it's made for elysian.

2. Elysian

Elysian Banned

the finish has some issues which i don't know if dan noticed or not, on the cutout on the upper side i buffed through the colored lacquer accidentally to the clear lacquer, and on the back i sanded through the colored lacquer to the clear... and we've already seen the pics of the chipout near the nut

3. Elysian

Elysian Banned

theres a whole thread with pics lol, and clips... in the 7 string forum

4. Desecrated

Desecrated Guest

Sorry, this is a big forum. One man cant keep track of everything,

5. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Oh? :D

6. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

Every thread is special and deserves pics. :agreed:

:flex:

7. JPMDan

JPMDan IT'S OVER 9000!!!! Contributor

Allow me to fix this situation

[​IMG]

8. skinhead

skinhead Manager / RHLC ©

That guitar its metalera!!!

Elysian how much it costs = than yours?

thanks

9. Scott

Scott Aye. Contributor

10. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Cleaned up the discussion about Elysian's banning, save for Scott's direction to the explanation.