Elite Dangerous

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by leftyguitarjoe, Sep 27, 2015.

1. JEngelking

JEngelking Gravity is Shifting!

I feel like for me it's pretty black and white, I'll either love it and play it constantly or not be able to get in to it at all. :lol: I'm either gonna get this or Wolfenstein: The New Order.

EDIT: Welp I caved and bought it. My friend and I pact'd on both getting our new BlackWidow Ultimates, and now we pact'd on both buying Elite: Dangerous. :lol: Will have to report back with my thoughts.

2. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

A necrobump!

Who is still playing here?

A week in and I'm grinding for an Asp Explorer- have my first two Engineer contacts, but the Cobra MkIII isn't quite enough to make a go of it, by the looks of things.

Loving the game so far though. Takes me back to my teen years playing the original Elite on a Sinclair Spectrum!! Except this is way better in every way. More content and opportunities. Though, due to the grinding so far, I'm hardly spending much time anywhere- just picking up cargo missions, dropping them off and repeating, with the odd fight involved.

Once I'm a bit more into it, I'll look at the community goaks too. Still too noob for open play so far- solo only for me to avoid a damn good thrashing by the griefing/ganking crowd.. :)

I think the music is gorgeous- a similar style to the map music in Mass Effect but less Berlin School- the sense of space in it is lovely.

3. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

I've not played for a while as have been busy for other stuff, but I need to get back in my Asp and get to Elite in exploration. I may head to Colonia and have a nose around there...

The music and sound design is amazing for sure. Love Mass Effect's as well!

4. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Yeah- and with the Thargoids putting an appearance and other mysteries on the go (the Formidine Rift is tempting me), it's a good time to be playing I think.

A question though- I'm playing Solo at the moment- how harsh is ganking in Open play?