Eleven Rack

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Maestro727, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Maestro727

Maestro727 SS.org Regular

Hey guys, I wanted to spread the good word of Avid's Eleven Rack. I purchased mine from eBay for around $350 brand new without Pro Tools. I have an extensive career in playing guitar. I am a middle school guitar teacher and professional guitarist. I have played in many bands and have two tours under my belt. I have experimented with many amps and processors.
    What I like about this unit is that it sounds FANTASTIC when you dial it in. At the moment, I am running a complete rack setup that goes as follows: Douglas 7 string w/ Seymour Duncans (review to come), Furman Power Conditioner, Eleven Rack, Behringer Ultramizer (you gotta try this thing), Mesa Boogie fifty/fifty power amp and finally my Mesa Boogie Recto Slant 4X12. I have NEVER heard a better live sound with my setup. Yes, the ultramizer and the Mesas help out tremendously but the Eleven does a fantastic job of giving me great amps and effects. I love the price of this thing. I would LOVE to have an Axe Fx II. Unfortunately, I will probably NEVER spend over 3 grand for any guitar equipment. I strongly believe that you do NOT have to go bankrupt to get a guitar tone of your dreams and I have proved it.
    What I don't like. I wish the eleven had pitch-shifting effects, a looper and Avid's support. There is a great (unofficial) community for the Eleven Rack. Tons of us users upload patches for others to use and share. Unfortunately, Avid has only released one expansion pack and that was I think 3-4 years ago. I wish they had more involvement with the Eleven Rack. I also wish the Eleven Rack worked on other DAWs other than Pro Tools. I am a Logic guy so unfortunately, I cannot plug in and record. I would need to purchase a separate interface. However, I'm SURE that this thing rocks in the studio.
    I absolutely recommend the Eleven Rack to all guitarists. Don't be a fool and spend so much money! You can achieve great tone. Oh and one more thing. This thing can Djent. I get some people asking me. Yes it can. Hope you enjoyed my post and if you own an Eleven Rack, spread the word! :shred:

2. bandinaboy

bandinaboy SS.org Unsui

Um... While I agree with everything else said, I own an eleven rack and record direct into logic with it. Works really easily in fact.

3. xenopsylla

xenopsylla SS.org Regular

Though I haven't recorded with it yet. I run my 11r into CS6 once I switch the audio input to asio it can play along with any play backs out of cs6 with 0 latency issues. On top of that I run rocktron velocity 300, for power right into an avatar 4x12 with v30/ g12t75's. This unit sounds monstrous. The sustain and over all tone of my custom ignitor 7 string is absolutely shown. 11r rocks but does need a pitch shifter IMHO.

4. Promit

Promit SS.org Regular

I am using the 11r to record through Reaper with no problems at all. As of this year the editor interface is no longer linked into PT either, so the 11r is fully functional without PT.

5. aclstrat

aclstrat SS.org Regular

I too have had the ElevenRack for about 4 years now and have been really happy with it overall. Mine is actually still running on an older version of firmware, but I was able to get it running my current Windows 8 Pro laptop. My recording setup primarily consists of the 11R for all guitars, ProTools, AddictiveDrums and have found it to be pretty consistent at writing the type of music that I dig, instrumental rock/metal. You can check out my latest EP from late 2013 below. All guitars are from ElevenRack, and drums programmed in Addictive Drums. Cheers!!

6. Maestro727

Maestro727 SS.org Regular

Hey guys, you're right, I messed up. I DO record with this bad boy but I meant to say that I can't record via USB unless you have Protools. I connect it to my Scarlett interface and from there go to Garageband. Thanks for the responses and it's good to know you guys like the Eleven Rack. It is seriously an awesome unit! :shred:

7. Promit

Promit SS.org Regular

No, that is still not correct. It will work directly via USB into any DAW your heart desires. It's just a question of installing the driver, and then configuring your DAW IO appropriately.

8. Forrest_H

Forrest_H How can she slap?

Hmm, the price has me wanting one... Good review man!

9. Shredenvain

Shredenvain SS.org Regular

Have had my 11rack for 3 years and I love it all guitar, bass and vocals on my bands demo were recorded thru it with PT 10. I have used it at shows with a behringer fcb1010 and it worked great and sounded great also. Went back to giging with my head because I dont want to damage it.
    Got mine for $300 new at unique square. Avid gave me an upgrade from Pt8 to 10 for free as well as the expansion pack. Best deal ever.