Eastern/tribal drum libraries? Egyptian shtuff.

Discussion in 'Drums & Percussion' started by Goatfork, May 12, 2012.

1. Goatfork

Goatfork Dovahkiin

I've been trying to make a lot of eastern type music lately, but I've hit the roadblock of not having tribal/eastern percussion tools. I can't find a decent drum library to pull from, and part of me just wants to tweak the ever-loving shit out of SD2.0 until I get something that works.

Basically, drums type stuff from any of Karl Sanders' solo work is what I'm looking for, or similarly the ancient sounding shit in a lot of Nile songs.

Any and all thought are completely welcome.

2. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

I don't know your budget but Eastwest RA is a standard for Ethnic stuff. Also Silk for more Eastern sounds. They also include a whole bunch of non-percussion instruments.
    I've looked on the site just now and found Evolution Series World Percussion which is strictly percussion, haven't tried that.

Goatfork likes this.
  3. Goatfork

Goatfork Dovahkiin

This is some amazing stuff, and exactly what I was looking for. Looks I'll need to save up for a while though :/

4. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Yeah Eastwest are pretty incredible. I'm sure there's some cheaper / free stuff to try out in the mean time but I don't know any.

Make sure to check out the specs. The first two products run on PLAY engine, the last one I linked runs on Best Service.