Early ESP Horizons

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Mrkun, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Mrkun

Mrkun New Member

Hi guys.

This is a thread about early ESP Horizon models (jackson headstock). If you have any info on this guitars write it down.

I'm sorry if this kind of thread already exists.

2. engage757

engage757 Banned

So the current Headstock? The Jackson Shaped hocky sticl? I guess I thought the older ones were cockstocks?

3. Miek

Miek POSTING ON INTERNET

No, ESP used to have a direct Jackson headstock, their modern M shape is a bit different and the angle goes a different way at the tip. OP, there are probably a ton of different Horizons that match the one you saw. Do you know anything else about it?

4. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I see them on Ebay a lot. Try looking for ESPs on Ebay and you will find a couple. I usually see at least one or two Horizons on there sometimes.

5. Mrkun

Mrkun New Member

Those with "cockstock" were later 90's models, these jackson headstock models were made even before 90's or in the begining of 90's. They are just so beautiful, fell in love with them instantly.

Church2224: really? i've been searching for them alot but with no luck..

an example of this model:
    [​IMG]

6. Mrkun

Mrkun New Member

Does any one of you know anything more about these guitars (magnets, body, neck etc.)?

7. FACTORY

FACTORY Manufacture

I've seen a ton of these pre/early 90s horizons on craig's list and on some Japaneses online used guitars stores over the past 4 years.

When having a hard time find one for sale at a good price use craigspal + determination + paypal for best results.

8. atticmike

atticmike SS.org Regular

Photograph looks like from the 80's :D Sorry, I just had to share my retro feeling ^^

Altought this doesn't seem to be a custom shop model, hell it does look really good.

9. Viginez

Viginez SS.org Regular

10. Mrkun

Mrkun New Member

atticmike: haha :D It's not custom model, these were early horizons, but then Jackson sued ESP because of the headstock, and then "cockstock" came in in mid 90's.

Viginez: Mirages are beautiful too, although i prefer horizon body. But damn they are expensive.