E3 2018

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by StevenC, Jun 10, 2018.

1. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Microsoft's conference just wrapped up, EA's was yesterday and Bethesda's is coming up in a couple hours. What's everyone seen so far that they like?

Really excited for Crackdown 3, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and oh my gosh Tales of Vesperia! Hopefully Halo Infinite is a return to form and Battletoads will finally be a good Rare revival. Jump Force and Devil May Cry 5 could be cool, too.

Nothing really drew me from EA, because EA, and beyond Battletoads there wasn't really anything surprising at Xbox.

2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Pumped largely for: Tunic, Forza Horizon 4, Devil May Cry 5, and Jump Force.

Fun but same old, same old: Halo Infinite, Gears of War 5, Just Cause 4, Crackdown 3 (not looking forward to Terry Crews as the main character)

The rest didnt really sway me one way or another

3. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I am going to be all over Fallout 76.

Then again I love anything Fallout....

4. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

I'm gonna have to get a new graphics card lol.

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire baritone zone

Fallout 76 looks awesome.

Sekiro also looks really cool. I love 3rd person action games and considering it's being developed by From Software I'm even more excited.

I know there's not really any gameplay in the Cyberpunk trailer, but if they can just deliver on the concept with the level of polish they had in Witcher 3 I'll be giddier than a 5 year old on nitrous.

Noisy Humbucker and steinmetzify like this.
  6. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

To be perferctly honest, as a nearly 20 year fan of the franchise, Todd Howard's utterance of the phrase "entirely online" was basically a nuclear strike to my interest. It's especially frustrating because of how much I loved Fallout 4. However, I have absolutely no desire to play ARK or Rust, even if its in the Fallout universe (a fact which makes it doubly frustrating because the setting really does look great).
    Agreed. I've been waiting for more news on this game since the 2013 announcement.

7. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

So hyped about DOOM Eternal. Spotted Arachnatrons, pain elementals and an Arch Vile in the trailer. The final boss better be the Icon of Sin.

No interest in Fallout anymore after 4, wish they left it with Obsidian instead of moving further away from what the series meant.

RAGE 2 looks fun! Trailer made the game look a little easy but maybe that's just for gameplay footage. That's 3 games set in various wasteland earth settings. Bethesda sure know what the public wants.

Looking at 2024+ for the new Elder scrolls so that will be on the next gen of consoles from now.

Cyberpunk 77 trailer looks so good.

8. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Bethesda's show was really underwhelming. I'll probably grab Doom and Wolfenstein, but otherwise there are enough shooters in the world. Really weak of them to show such nothings for the games people actually want to see from them, in Elder Scrolls and whatever Starfield is. (It should totally be space Khajiit who don't like Mondays)

Also people involved with Fallout should know how to pronounce "nuclear".

9. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

That better end up being "Elder Scrolls VI: Single Player Like the Others" and not "Elder Scrolls VI: MMO Horde Mode" or some shit.

Here's hoping Doom has a bit less platforming than the last one. I felt so drained when I played that game just cause of all of that!! The shooting was super adrenaline-inducing, but then you'd get to almost as much platforming as Turok 1 and ugh.

StevenC likes this.
  10. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire baritone zone

I'm a little apprehensive about the online crap with fallout 4, but the idea of being able to play fallout with my buddies is very tempting. Granted, I felt the same way about elder scrolls online which ended up being less of "skyrim with friends" and more "MMO with an elder scrolls skin".

groverj3 likes this.
  11. Siggevaio

Siggevaio SS.org Regular

I'm a huge fan of From Software since I first played Dark Souls. I was hoping for Bloodborne 2 (or something really dark) but I'm sure Sekiro will be amazing and full of surprises (as well as elements I love from Soulsborne games).

I'm looking forward to Sony's conference and Square-Enix's. Hopefully a lot of progress has been made with Final Fantasy VII, I don't want to see too much of it before I play it (FFVII is my all time favorite game) but it would be nice to know the work is going in the right direction.

Mathemagician likes this.
  12. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I've been a mile away from new games and modern gaming, but the 2015 Doom really got me sparked again. My favourite part of the game was that there was no bullshit about it. If there's another one, I'm going to have to pick it up.
    You might need a new avatar. :lol:

Lorcan Ward and StevenC like this.
  13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

+1 for me, I think. I want to by hyped for new Fallout, but I have no interest in online games. Even if you can play solo, that's not what a single player game is to me.

Albake21 likes this.
  14. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Agreed, and it's not really single player either. You can "solo" (air quotes) MMOs and games like ARK as well, but if there's PVP, it won't be long before you get your shit kicked in by a group of people looking to prey on a lone easy target.

I want to like it, I really do. In spite of the fact that I absolutely hated Fallout 3, I loved Fallout 4, so I will probably still give this one a try (unless the information that gets published in the intervening time makes it absolutely clear that I'll never like it). I just really wanted a new traditional Fallout game. :shrug:

15. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

I just want to know what's going on with the remake of Resident Evil 2. :lol:

QuantumCybin likes this.
  16. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

RIICHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDDDD

17. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

:lol:

I still do a biennial play through of 1 + 2 and Tactics.

bostjan likes this.
  18. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

My body is so fucking ready for Cyberpunk 2077.

I’m concerned at the lack of FFVII Remake from Squares press conference. Does it show up on Sony’s stage?

And did I miss them announcing a new Wolfenstein? I mean, I know it’s a trilogy, just didn’t see it (new Doom though, hell yes)

19. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Anybody see anything about Mavericks?

20. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Couldn't agree more about Fallout. So damn disappointed with 4 and now 76...