Dumb question-which way round does my Aftermath bridge go?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Darkanus, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Darkanus

Darkanus SS.org Regular

The neck pickup I've installed is a covered Suhr SSV, which has one set 6 screws on it. I know that the side with the screws should be faced towards neck, and for the bridge pickup, towards the bridge.
    My covered Aftermath bridge has two sets of 6 screws on each pole. Whats the right way for placing him?

This is how it looks:
    http://www.svguitars.com/product_images/uploaded_images/aftermath-set-nickel.jpg

Sorry for the dumb question. Thanks in advance! [=

2. BabUShka

BabUShka SS.org Regular

My guess would be that the wires should be pointing down.

3. Darkanus

Darkanus SS.org Regular

Down-towards the hole in the cavity?
    The neck pickup, with the pole screws facing towards the neck, has its wires facing up, if it matters...

4. TomAwesome

TomAwesome I LIKE JUICE!!!

Both sides are the same aside from the polarity, right? So there should be no discernible difference in the sound based on its orientation. Just place it so the wires coming out of the pickup are on the same side as the hole in the guitar's routing that leads to the control cavity.

5. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson

Wires should exit the pickup towards the bridge.

6. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

yeah, if your neck pickup wires ARENT facing towards the bridge, and im pretty sure all suhr pickups have the same name as a neck,and bridge model. like the aldrich set,and such, you might have accidentally purchased a bridge pickup of the same name, instead of the neck pickup that should be caalibrated for it.

7. Darkanus

Darkanus SS.org Regular

Thank you guys! [=

The bridge version of the SSV is SSV+, if I remember correctly. It says "neck" on the box. I've installed SSV in the neck and Aftermath in the bridge.