Drummer looking for an online Djent collaboration project

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by blastBeat47, Apr 6, 2016.

1. blastBeat47

blastBeat47 SS.org Regular

Hi all, I've stumbled upon this forum through a Google result while searching for people looking to start an online Djent project. However the ads about such projects are a bit outdated, so I decided to post one myself in hopes of finding what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I've recently parted ways with my band and decided to give live shows and that sort of activities a rest and focus only on the creative side of things for a while. I'm 27 and I've been playing drums for more than 10 years now. I have a good amount of gigs behind my back, a full-length album and a bunch of singles as being a part of various bands and projects over the years. My “Djent experience" is summed in playing covers on my own and writing Djent oriented songs with my last band that was doing a transition to this genre from its first release (which was Metalcore) where unfortunately, I never made it to any sort of an official release with them. Other than that, I’ve played about every kind of metal, a bit of electronic music and some classical oriented percussion and piano as a teenager. I’m usually using Addictive Drums or Superior Drummer to achieve pre-production quality tracks and to note-down and polish my parts. When writing drums, I usually end up with mixing two approaches - programming and jamming on my e-kit while recording the MIDI output. I’m always open to constructive criticism and to trying someone else approach, therefore I kind of hope for the same in other people. I don’t have any limits towards the ingredients of the music I’m looking to create - it can be mainstream and electronic oriented, or more extreme with blast beats, or instrumental and progressive, these and similar are all welcome, as long as they are focused on the Djent domain.
    With that being said, if you think that it’s worth a shot to try, send me a message here or preferably an e-mail on blast.beat47@gmail.com where we can swap media and figure a more convenient way to communicate if we decide to take it further. Thanks for reading.

Cheers

2. PhilT

PhilT SS.org Regular

I'm up for it
    Sending you an email now