Download my album 'Cassini' for FREE! (Instrumental, Progressive Metal, Djent)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by C2Aye, Sep 25, 2011.

1. WishIwasfinnish

WishIwasfinnish SS.org Regular

Incredibly good stuff man! Such great playing and production, when is the tour?

2. Heyitstahtoneguy

Heyitstahtoneguy In the Void

Do you prefer to use the Legion over the Lecto? What are the knobs at?? Cause i would never thought a nice tone like yours could escape through it!!! Man you lead playing is making me smile ahaha. Keep up this most awesome work! Donating what i can!

3. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Thank you very much man, I'm really glad you liked it :)

Cheers man, awesome that you like it. The tour is when I'm done being a full time physics student and have the time/money/band to play this stuff live. So basically I have no idea :lol:

I prefer Legion because it's easier to get that 'djent' tone out of it, although Lecto is also very good. The thing about the Lepou plugins is that you need to drive them a little bit for the best tone possible, so what I do is in front of Legion I have Guitar Rig 4 running with a compressor, tubescreamer and a noise gate. The compressor and the tubescreamer flesh out the dry signal before the amp, as you would do with a boost pedal. I have the tubescreamer set to have the tone set to full, but gain set to the minimum to get that extra 'bite'.

As for Legion, the two most important things are low gain and having the tone stack option on or up. My drive is at 9 o'clock, low and mid at about 3 o'clock, high at 2 o'clock, contour at 2 o'clock and presence at 3 o'clock. It's also very advisable to have Legion set to high quality too!

Thank you very much and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Any more feedback would be awesome and please share Cassini with all your friends!

4. crayzee

crayzee Treehugger

I got it, listening the 2nd Time to it now and I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaly enjoy this...! Soothing is the word coming to mind while listening to Cassini.
    I really dig your songwriting on it, I never get bored or overloaded with information when I listen to it (things that can -in my opinion- happen easily with Djent/djent-y music). Great work, keep it up!
    Niels

5. pantera95

pantera95 SS.org Regular

Wow. That's all i can really say.

Super impressive production man, it was a treat to listen to. I wasn't expecting anything this amazing, but when i saw all the comments, i thought i should have a listen.

6. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Thanks man! I think that as well about some djent, that sometimes you're overloaded with as many notes as rhythms as possible whereas sometimes the simplest and most melodic things turn out to be the most interesting and effective musical ideas. And it's cool that you find it soothing, it's not really aggressive or that heavy so I guess I can see you point :)

Thanks again dude!

Thank you so much! To be honest, I wasn't really expecting this many comments, the response to the album on here, Facebook and the internet in general has been so awesome!

Cheers man, I appreciate it!

Feel free to post more comments or questions about anything regarding the album, and please please share it with all your friends!

7. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

8. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

9. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Woah, I bumped this a lot.

But anyway, since it's relevant to the thread and I didn't want to start a new one, here's a playthough of Orion I did earlier today!

Winspear likes this.
  10. WidekMusic

WidekMusic SS.org Regular

Finally man, great job and video ! :)

11. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

Will check this out tomorrow when I have time, cool!

12. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Cheers guys, I plan to put up a couple more playthoughs in the coming weeks for both songs from Isles and Cassini :)

13. mikemueller2112

mikemueller2112 SS.org Regular

Great job dude. Did you use the Ibby on the recording? I thought you used your strat for the majority of the stuff.

14. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

All the 7 string stuff is my Ibby, there's probably no way my strat could handle a low G#! For Cassini, I actually used my Ibanez on 6 of the 9 tracks, although I used both the Ibby and the strat on Double Helix.

15. mikemueller2112

mikemueller2112 SS.org Regular

Ah okay, that makes sense. Was surprised that a strat could go that low with what I was assuming was stock pickups.

16. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Well, I did a clip recently covering the end of 'Huge Hammers' by The Safety Fire and I tuned the low string on the strat to an A and it handled it pretty well. Obviously, a thicker gauge would have helped :lol:

Safety Fire Huge Hammers Riff Cover by Sithu Aye on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Also, is it worth me starting a general 'Sithu Aye' thread in the general music section? I have the two threads floating around in recording studio which are each update independently of each other and it may be worth putting everything together if there is the interest.

17. Winspear

You know there's the interest :D
    That riff sounds awesome! Very unique tone

18. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Aw, dude, if you like that riff then you absolutely HAVE to check out The Safety Fire, so many more like it. Obviously the tone of the cover is all mine. Well, my strat's, anyhow.

I'm still not sure whether to post a thread in general music...I guess I'd have to just try it to see how it would all go down :lol:

19. Winspear

Will do!
    I'd recommend you PM a mod to get the current threads merged rather than starting a new :)

20. bhakan

bhakan SS.org Regular

I love the Safety Fire, as well as your stuff, so that clip was awesome. :hbang:

+1 to to the above. If you can, just merging the too threads into one mega thread in the general discussion would be best. Either way, you definitely have enough interest to warrant a general discussion post, you have a 5 page and 6 page thread both on the front page of the recording section (and they have been there for a while too), so you could definitely have a megathread type thing.