Download my album 'Cassini' for FREE! (Instrumental, Progressive Metal, Djent)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by C2Aye, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Antenna

Antenna Oh God Damnit!

Oh I got me some luz for Halycon too, sorry you know I got you Plini! :wavey:

Orion is by far one of the most perfect songs I've ever heard dude, listening to it on repeat!

2. Volteau

Volteau the Bard Contributor

That's awesome about the physics thing. My mom teaches physics at the state university down here, so I've been surrounded by it since, well, ever (both intellectually and literally :p). Must also be why I'm in love with The Big Bang Theory series.

And yeah, the clean song I was asking about wasn't Messier Objects, my bad (I was listening to it at the moment I asked you about it). I actually meant Double Helix (which I started learning already. Too good).

BTW, if you use Superior Drummer, I imagine you parallel compressed it? It sounds like it, but I have to ask: do you parallel compress the cymbals as well? I tend not to as I find it kind of crushes them a bit. Would like to know your take on it (assuming you use Superior Drummer I mean).

Cheers,
    Volt

3. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Orion is probably my favourite song as well, probably because I wrote it from scratch. Cheers man, keep spamming that repeat button :D

Well, I use the same tone for both Messier Object and Double Helix so there you go (guitar rig 4 remember!).

I actually used no parallel compression at all, just all full on. I think I got the cymbals kinda wrong because the overheads pump too much but it was a bit late to fix it by the time I noticed it. I also mixed SD2.0 completely within its own mixer so I'm yet to really experiment with going multi out. Hope that helps, and feel free to ask any more questions!

More feedback would be super awesome guys, and please share the album with all your friends on facebook/twitter/myspace (lol, myspace :lol:)/etc. :yesway:

Edit: Tab for Messier Object if you want it! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39302626/Messier Object.rar

Winspear likes this.
  4. musikizlife

musikizlife TCM Softhands

Bravo mate!

Been listening for about a week now, and I really can't get enough!
    Makes me really wanna put my own album out, but you and Halycon put me to shame lol

Keep up the great work, I'll be passing this on to others to hear

5. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

Thank you for the tabs!! It's great to see what's going on behind this masterpiece :)

6. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Cheers man, I'm glad that you keep going back to listen to it! :D And by all means, put out an album. Everyone here at ss.org will be really supportive and I hope my album will encourage people to do so, rather than put them off!

Thanks again, and I appreciate you sharing it!

No worries. Cassini tab to come soon, followed by Orion. I'll be taking requests on tabs so feel free to ask!

7. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Cheeky bump

8. Wingchunwarrior

Wingchunwarrior OVER THE LINE!

Great stuff duderino!

Hell of a release

9. mgh

mgh Betwixt and Between

D/L now...although djent isn't my fave genre (other than Chimpspanner), the stuff i heard briefly on your Bandcamp page is very very well played, and i'll look forward to hearing the whole album! Nice to hear a fellow Brit too, there's some very good one-man-band acts putting out music at the mo (and a very good two man act in your countrymen Falloch!)

Congrats!

10. Heyitstahtoneguy

Heyitstahtoneguy In the Void

Did you use the avatar kit in SD2? how did you get the snare to sound fantastic, ive been trying to get a snare sounding like that since i have bought SD2??

11. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Cheers man, and thanks for listening!

Chimp Spanner may or may not have been a massive influence on my album :ugh:

But yeah, thanks man! Representing Scotland and Britain in general is awesome, especially the prog metal scene (djent isn't a genre...or is it? Who knows!) Thanks for taking the time to listen and I hope that you enjoyed the album!

Yeah, the whole kit in my album was the SD2 avatar kit. I used the Singerland 70 snare and basically there's a shitload of processing going on. EQ boost at 200Hz for a big fat sound, an EQ cut at 700Hz to get rid of floppy mids and a high shelf boost for character. I think I did some processing to the bottom snare as well for more ring. But yeah, basically tried to get a big fat snare sound! If you have any more questions or want me to be more specifc, feel free to ask!

More feedback would be supreme guys, and please share the album if you can! Cheers!

12. ryanoddi

ryanoddi SS.org Regular

I love your style man! I've only listened to the first few tracks, but I can't wait to put this on my iPhone and loop it at work!

As far as I listened, you'll be in my top favorites for instrumental albums along with Periphery, Merrow, Halcyon, Gru, Chimp, AAL and Cloudkicker, in no particular order.

Keep it up man! We need more music like this!

13. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Thanks man! And those are some scary good artists as well in your list, I'm glad to be a part of them for you! :D

Also, my free download credits have run out on bandcamp for this month so apparently you'll have to pay at least £0.40 to get your hands on it from bandcamp. You can still get it for free at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39302626/Sithu Aye - Cassini (MP3).rar or just doing a google search! Cheers!

More feedbacnk would be awesome, and please share the album and tell people it's free...kind of.

14. ryanoddi

ryanoddi SS.org Regular

I felt I should donate, even though I could've gotten it for free, because this album is awesome! I ended up listening to the entire album 7 times in under 24 hours! Good job my friend, I'll be donating more when I have more funds available!

To potential listeners... Donate if you can, his music is worth it! If you can't donate, spread the word!!!

Messier Object is my favorite song if I had to choose one :shred: love the guitar tone!

15. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Thank you very much! Don't worry about not paying, it was my intention for everyone to get their hands on it for free, I just put in the option to donate because a bunch of people asked for it on my facebook. I really glad that you keeping going back to listen to it :)

Remember that if you enjoyed the album, please like me on facebook if you can Sithu Aye | Facebook and please share the album with people you know if you can!

16. Pengu

Pengu SS.org Regular

I woke up this morning and saw this literally half an hour before i had to leave for school, downloaded the album, couldn't stop listening to it the whole day and showed basically everyone :lol:
    Seriously amazing work dude, the tone is soo sick and I loovee how you based the songs on physic/astronomy stuff.

Well done man, can't wait to hear more! :hbang:

17. GATA4

GATA4 Banned

So, after having cycled through your album a good few times, I have to say it's a toss up between Messier Object, Double Helix, and Multiverse Pt. III: Alternate Realities as my favorite song. Messier Object is just so melodic and dynamic, Double Helix makes me want to jump around on my bed and have a pillow fight, and I just groove like a madman to Multiverse Pt. III (and the beginning just sends chills down my back). My hat is off to you dude...

18. ryanoddi

ryanoddi SS.org Regular

Found myself doing the same thing this morning when I got out of the shower haha

19. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Thank you so much man, I'm really glad that you enjoyed the album and a huge thanks for sharing it with all your friends :D

And you gotta love some physics :lol:

Awesome :wub:

Pillow fight to Double Helix? Definitely sounds better than doing my lab work :lol:

Multiverse III was basically my attempt to write an indie pop song mashed with Dream Theater or something like that, I'm glad you guys like it!

More feedback would be uber awesome, and please please share the album with everyone that you can!

20. mgh

mgh Betwixt and Between

Had a chance to listen to this...wow. Just wow. Amazing riffs, chops, production, everything is pro quality, congrats.