Double NGD!!! Jackson & Ibanez Content

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by snowblind56, Jun 13, 2012.

1. snowblind56

snowblind56 SS.org Regular

This is actually a little belated as I received both of them about a week ago, but there were some lovely ebay issues with the Ibanez.

So, my first guitar I ever bought was a Jackson Performer PS-4. That guitar was stolen from me. I've bought two more of them since then, but they were Korean made, mine was MIJ. Well, I just got a blazing deal on another MIJ one in excellent condition of another forum. I'm pretty excited. Don't get me wrong, it's a cheap guitar. It's no where near as nice as my Jackson USA's, but I also think the Performer series is vastly underrated and can usually be had for under $200, basically because they don't have the frills other models have.

I plan on replacing the stock Jackson pickups with either a Seymour Duncan Custom or an Alternative 8 in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. (I have all of the pickups in my box of parts, so I am not putting anything else in it. ) And eventually I might put a new Floyd on it, but I'm fine with the stock one for now, besides the fact that it needs a new collar piece for the trem arm.

And pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used to have an AS73 in flat black, but the color bothered me enough that I had to sell it. Well, here is it's replacement, an Ibanez AS83 Semi-hollow. This one is going to get upgrade with new tuners, Dimarzio 36th PAF pickups, and a new wiring harness.

It's a sweet guitar, but it has already left a sour note in my mouth because of ebay issues and I delayed an NGD for it for a week because of damage to the guitar. I almost returned it to the guy, but he reluctantly refunded me money. Seriously, how do you miss a caved in output jack? WTF? I got some money back for it, but I have to screw a Les Paul jack plate to cover up the damaged part.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Levi79

Levi79 SS.org Regular

That Ibanez is awesome! Same with those Jacksons. Played a couple of those and they are definitely great for how much you can get them for.

3. mphsc

mphsc lover of fine woods

really dig that Ibby, I've tried a few Geroge Benson models before.

4. McBonez

McBonez Banned

Very much like the hollowbody.

To me the performer is another Jackson superstrat (which, I also happen to love!)

5. snowblind56

I honestly think the nicest playing guitar I have ever played was a George Benson model with flatwound strings.

6. lemeker

lemeker SS.org Slacker

I love the ps-4. I still have mine (my second electric), and its still my main go to guitar. No frills, but a workhorse.

happy ngd!!!

7. Force

Force Jackson Addict

Interesting pair, bit like the odd couple, chalk & cheese etc etc

JACKSON ALL THE WAY DUDE!!!!

8. fortisursus

fortisursus SS.org Regular

I'm typically not into hollow guitars, but that Ibanez!!!! Damn cool logo on the headstock too.

9. Amcoll

Amcoll SS.org Regular

I love the Jackson Performers. I've still got my first guitar, a PS1 performer, and its still my favourite, even compared to my DKMG. I swapped out the bridge pickup with an old SD hot rail 'bucker that a mate gave me. She's showing her age a bit now (18 years old now), and needs a refret and general TLC, but her tone and sustain can't be beat

10. iRaiseTheDead

iRaiseTheDead Ashes Of Rebirth

Mmm That Jackson P:

11. phrygian12

phrygian12 SS.org Regular

I've been gasing for a Semi Hollow and that's the exact same model ibanez I was thinking about getting. How does the neck feel and does it sound good?

12. elrrek

elrrek Contributor

I had a PS4 and I really, really wish I still had it. It was completely solid and I should have kept it. I let it go because it sounded a bit thin but to be honest, I think I probably had a crap amp at the time and the guitar wasn't the problem.

I've got 2 Jacksons and 1 Charvel at the moment and hope to get another Charvel soon. I'd grab a PS-4 if I got a good deal on it too, so Happy NGD!

13. snowblind56

The neck is fairly thin. Think Gibson 60's profile.

As for the sound, I really haven't played it because the output jack is too unstable and I haven't fixed it yet. I was also waiting for a new wiring harness to arrive. I'm installing some Dimarzio 36th PAF's.

14. 2ManyShoes

2ManyShoes 10th Degree GearSlut

Love that Ibanez hollow-body. I've got a similar ESP semi-hollow. Pretty cheap, but still nice, and I love it. This one, to be exact:

[​IMG]

15. snowblind56

PS-4 Update:

I just ordered a Neon Pink Seymour Duncan Distortion/Jazz combo. Should be pretty damn cool when it's done.