Doom/sludge-pop (Calgary, Alberta)

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by jwade, Jul 8, 2013.

1. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

Hey guys,

So I haven't bothered trying to jam with anyone in years. I'm 33, and I'm bored of just working, sleeping, working, sleeping. I'd like to find some people to make fun noise with. I play guitar/bass, I write mainly in B standard/dropped A or G standard/dropped F. I love a lot of really heavy doom/funeral/sludge/drone stuff, but at the same time I write a LOT really poppy shit. I'm a big fan of Torche/Floor, I think that's a good point of reference for the kind of thing I'd be wanting to do. Ultra catchy, very poppy/melodic, but frequently crushingly heavy. As for other doom/sludge/stoner-y shit, I like The Melvins, Sleep/High On Fire, ISIS, Ahab, Longing For Dawn.

I don't have a jam space, but I'm sure something can be figured out. There are a few decent rehearsal places that don't charge too horribly much per hour.

Ideally, I'd like to find at very least a drummer to jam with, but a bass player would be good as well. I don't particularly want to sing lead, but am fine with doing backups/harmony/growling/etc.

2. Jballstothewalls

Jballstothewalls SS.org Regular

I made an account just to answer this! I am a very like minded musician and we need to come together here. My email is jon_bspl86@hotmail.com and my number is 403-991-9771

3. earthcraft

earthcraft SS.org Regular

Hey man, a friend and myself are looking for a new band to join (he plays drums, I play bass). Do you have any recordings we could check out?

4. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

I moved to Vancouver Island in 2013, sorry dude!