Does your band use stage lighting?

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by CGrant109, Oct 9, 2015.

1. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

This is something I've been wanting to do a couple years now. I didn't even know about that controller, thanks. I would just be happy with some floor stationed side fill lights and a couple fog jets. It's just that I'm about the only one in any of my bands that can invest in said band. I used to play out around here in the 90's when clubs had crowds and there was a lighting board and a monitor board. I never see that anymore. They just turn on some cans and leave them be, and its like playing in an effing office and there's 0 mood. Bars and smaller venues have just gotten way too lazy or dont care. But a couple small trees pointing diagonal towards the front of stage or a small truss behind the drummer like that would be great.

What I've noticed; Even the worst bands that take any effort toward this and run strobes and Behringer half stacks that sound like a can of bees get more people into them with their mood lighting. You could be playing Dream Theater up there and no one cares, cause it just looks like the last band and the next band playing on a way too well lit stage and going thru the motions.